blood lipids

crab bait

Captain
well, i went in today to discuss my blood test with the doc..<br /><br />an got very good news for once..!! an i'm extremely exstatic about the results..<br /><br />a few years ago ,, my triglyiserides were off the chart.. an since so,, my choles. was offkilter as well..<br /><br />tried to lose weight an tried my best an hardly lost any.. <br /><br />an blood lipids were about the same ( sigh )..<br /><br />high trigs are really bad.. direct roadmap to heart dease , stroke, liver damage, an diabeties.. an makes your total cholest predominantly all bad cholest.. ( ldl )..<br /><br />i was considered obesse.. i field dressed about 225 lbs.. chart says 190 tops.. but swear i had not much body fat..<br /><br />my trigs were 650.. normal should be below 150..<br /><br />total cholest was 235 an most was ldl ( bad ).<br /><br />doc put me on NIASPAN an in 11 days.. almost killed myself.. very odd side effects.. read all i could read an nothing about this.. EXTREME anxeity, clostrophobia, depair, an panic..which at each dosing ,, became worse expedentially..<br /><br />quit taking,, reversed to normal expendentially..<br /><br />doc put me on tricor.. short time ,, at idle,, my lower jaw would drop an hang open.. close it by hand,, drop again.. <br /><br />quit taking when i couldn't find a decent 'droll cup' for sale..<br /><br />finally,, godsent,, picked up an bought 'the south beach diet' book ,,mid-march..<br /><br />followed it silly..<br /><br />today,, lost 25 lbs.. <br /><br />total cholest.. from 230 to 152<br /><br />bad cholest.. 96<br /><br />good cholest. 37<br /><br />trigs. from 650 to ( GET THIS !! ) 116.. when 150 is considered good..<br /><br />TELL ME I AIN'T HAPPY...

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: blood lipids

You lost me about half way through with all the medical terms, but you sound happy about it so CONGRATS Crabby ;)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Glad we'll have you to kick around on the forum for a while longer :D Congrats!

oddjob

Commander

Way to go Crab...sometimes you have to find your own way..or cure..

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Good job crabby. I understand a little of what you are saying as my wife is a nurse and my mother a hypochondriac. Good job. I hover around 250, and I my 5'8" frame that ain't to good. Everything is good with me except BP, and its only a little high with meds.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Crab yup I'm back! Congratulations on getting healthy! Hey that weight you lost.... I found it. On a brighter note I have not had a cigarette in over 7 months. <br /><br />Bob

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Good show, Crabby! :)

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Great job crab bait... Keep it up... you just might encourage the rest of us... 6.1" 250lbs but healthy.<br /><br />Oh, and I don't believe those charts. When I got out of basic training, I was as trim as I could be, but still 15lbs over max weight according to the charts.

crab bait

Captain

glad to see ya back..!! BOB VT.. that even makes this day even better..!! yeah, that nictotine weight is a tuff one.. but kick that butt (pun )first .. then kick 'the fats butt next.. <br /><br />yeah,, the doc could hardly believe it.. she actually asked me if i went to another doctor for other blood drugs not unto her perscription.. <br /><br />when i told her flat out 'HECK NO'..!! i ain't takin' jack..!! it's all south beach diet..<br /><br />her jaw drop... ( looked like me on TRICOR :) )..minus the drool cup..<br /><br />she could hardly believe it..<br /><br />yeah, the heck with those drugs..!! especially cholesteral drugs .. there major bad for alot a people..<br /><br />why everythin' gotta be soooo darn powerful..?? well,, in my case,, WHO NEEDS 'EM..!!<br /><br />yeah MELLOW,, it's a book named as such ..written by a famous heart doctor.. it runs parrarell to the atkins diet but much better an safer an more do-able..<br /><br />it's basically ,, no white's.. sugars , alchohol, flours, pasta's, rice.. e.i. bad carbs.. an also only good fats an no bad fats..<br /><br />it's a lifetime/lifestyle way-of-eating.. which ain't hard to do ,anyway..<br /><br />thanks folks...

LadyFish

Admiral

Congrats Crabby!
6.gif
Keep up the good work.<br /><br />It makes all your effort worth while. I'm sure there must be some home remedies or concoctions in your plan somewhere. :)

crab bait

Captain

thanks LF..!! you always have the neetest 'squibblies' ...<br /><br />yeah, i doctor myself up alittle with aged garlic , mega C , omega 3 oil ( fish or flax oil.)<br /><br />but my secrete weapon is crushed phsyillium husks ( mega fiber ) .. add 1/2 tea spoon to all my drinkin' water..<br /><br />takes a week or so to kick in.. but after that ,, hang-on-tite.. an keep the plunger handy.. ( NO JOKE ).. <br /><br />especially with this diet,, constapation runs rampid..which has always pleagued me all my life away...<br /><br />there's alot to be said about freq. ,volumeous evacuation..<br /><br />also the fiber scrapes the blood fats away..<br /><br />i know this could be considered WAAAAAY-TO-MUCH-INFO...but maybe this can help someone..

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Great news Crab ...but don't forget the Tabasco ;)

crab bait

Captain

wow,, what a coninscience..!! i was just thinkin' that today,, that this diet isn't tobasco friendly.. like salmon, foreman grill chicken breast an such.. not like my old way ,, where my whole diet revolved around tabasco type foods.. <br /><br />altho ,, everyother day,, my 2 egg veggie omelet,, i load the snot outta it with the stuff... <br /><br />hi KIWI..!!