Blimp in the sky

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
just walked out the door and saw this ... <br /><br />
axc8w
axc92
<br /><br />another strange day on the make.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Blimp in the sky

Living 20 miles from Ohio Stadium, we get regular visits from the different blimps (Goodyear, Snoopy, etc.) during football season. I watched the Goodyear blimp fight a 40 mph head wind leaving town one Saturday. I couldn't believe the way it bucked up & down! Had I been on board, there wouldn't have been enough 'sick-sacks', lol!

jinx

Saw a blimp over the Fredericksburg, VA area today and one over Fairfax VA last week. It was not commercially marked and I suspect it was for anti-terrorism security work. (Both of those locations are south of the Washington area.)<br /><br />Sign of the times I guess.<br /><br />Jinx

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Get the binocs out and write down the N number. Then run the number on the internet. Probably a commercially owned one. I've seent the FBI rent small airplanes, never a blimp though!

jinx

Bearcat: There was an article in the Washington Post last week on a security trial for a blimp in the DC area. That's why I figured that is what I saw.<br /><br />Jinx

KaGee

Admiral

Watchout Barlow.... the men in black suits are spyin on you!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I saw these pic's somewhere else. Oh yea in the current McDonalds post right here is Dock Chat.

keelhauled

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Grew up in Akron, OH (home port of the Spirit of Goodyear). When I moved to Columbus, I thought it was strange that there were NOT any blimps in the sky. It's amazing some of the silly things I miss about home.<br /><br />You can bet I look up every time I hear that familiar 'Huuuummmmmmmmmmm...'