Blackberry Cobbler Recipe Wanted

bh357

Chief Petty Officer
I am looking for a good blackberry cobbler recipe. Preferably something that can be made in the kitchen, as I don't have a dutch oven.<br />Thanks in advance.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Blackberry Cobbler Recipe Wanted

Oh man! This is a drooling one for sure! I'm getting out my recipe cards right now. I'm ready to start writing.<br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> Oh man! This is a drooling one for sure! I'm getting out my recipe cards right now. I'm ready to start writing.<br />Bassy
hehe lets see if I can beat her back...

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Wow Link! That's great! I don't have that many recipe cards to fill in,but I will use the best one. (Link, if you haven't guessed...I have empty cards to write on, not cards with recipes. I guess I wasn't clear, heh?) <br /> Guess what I'm making this weekend... blackberry cobbler. Hey, with home-made ice cream. Yum!! Thanks Link. How many should I expect? :D <br />Bassy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hey,bh357, if you're not set on having a crust here is an easy recipe with any fruit. I call it Berry Crisp:<br />4c. berries(add tapioca to the berries to keep it from being too juicy)<br />1 1/2 cubes butter(margarine)<br />1 box white cake mix<br /><br />Pour fruit filling in a 9x13 pan. Pour dry cake mix over filling. Slice butter cubes and put on top of cake mix(or you can melt the butter and pour it over). Bake at 350 oven for 35 minutes. <br />It is sooo easy and sooo good! Good luck!<br /> You can do this with any fruit. No tapioca with apples and such, though.<br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

Heya Bassy<br /><br />Yea I thought from the time stamp that you were looking through your card file. So I was just funin with you is all :D <br /><br />
Guess what I'm making this weekend... blackberry cobbler. Hey, with home-made ice cream. Yum!! Thanks Link. How many should I expect? <br />Bassy
Ok I deserved that! <br /><br />I'm a man and I can change, if I have to, I Guess! ;) <br /><br />I think I'm going to plan a trip (don't know when) with Mrs.Link to Texas. I was born in Houston but moved when very young and have never been back expect for work a couple times at Ft Hood and we never got off the base.<br /><br />We plan to retire in about 9 more years and I'd love to get out of here even if it was for only 6 months at a time. And Texas is sure sounding good by all the posts around here. Pssst dont tell Mrs.Link. :D :D <br /><br />Ive never seen Old Bay Seasonings around here but am going to look tomorrow. If I cant find it Ill do a seperate post on this but if you want to try a recipe that calls for it and cant find it there either, here is what I found.. Mrs.Link and MIL want to try ASPECKS squash recipe tomorrow night.<br /><br />Would most likely be better fresh anyway<br />--------------------------------------<br />Question: <br />Really like your site! Provides lots of fantastic variety to our routine weekly family menus. Thanks a lot! <br />From you biographical info, I see you are in Oregon. I thought the "Old Bay seasoning" called for in the crab cakes must be regional, but since I am in Forks, Washington, I must just not know this seasonong. Where can I find it, and is there a suggested substitute? - Doug Ferris (11/6/99) <br /><br />Answer: <br />Check with your grocery store manager -- Often Old Bay is found in the seafood section or with the gourmet spices. If you still can't find it, following is a recipe for the seasoning. <br /><br />OLD BAY SEASONING <br /><br />1 tablespoon celery seeds <br />1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns <br />6 bay leaves <br />1/2 teaspoon whole cardamoms <br />1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds <br />4 whole cloves <br />1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika <br />1/4 teaspoon mace <br /><br />In a spice grinder or small food processor, combine all of the ingredients. Grind well and store in a small glass jar. Best if used within 6 months (date your jar).