Black Fish

AntsGrady

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi Guys, This year I really want to hit some TOG fishing. I've never gone for it but have had it once and it was delicious. I fish in the Long Beach Island NJ area and I was wondering if anyone could point in the right direction to go? I know fishermen don't usually give the hot spots but how bout a little help!!! :D Thanks!!<br />Anthony

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Black Fish

I'm not located by you but here is some info.<br />They like to hide in holes so you are looking for look for reefs, rock jetties, wrecks and bolders. <br />Use small crabs, worms or clams as bait.

AntsGrady

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok thanks for the info, I also hear they like sod banks. Just bought the Eagle 480 Fish Elite....we'll see how it picks them up!!!

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

L.B.I. huh? I used to live in Island Heights, [Toms River]. We used to fish the jetty at Barnegat Light, pretty sucessfully. Shedders & clams were the bait of choice..............Jeff

AntsGrady

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ya I heard the jetty is good to but not for the boat for obvious reasons. I read this on the fishing report and I can't wait!!<br /><br />May 1, 2005 <br />7:00 AM Doug Stark of Clarksburg just weighed a slob of a Tog he pulled off a wreck yesterday. The fish measured 27" with a 21" girth and weighed 15 pounds 12 ounces. The crew of 5 had their limit on clam in about 80 feet of water. <br /><br />WOW thats a big TOG!!!

JBL

Cadet

Hey I'm in Delaware . We went out New Years Day to a wreck with (green crab) and knocked the crapola out of Tog. Citation size. I took my own boat out to the Ice Breakers and caught a limit in no time flat with green crab 2 weeks ago. They are everywhere rocks are. Espec. with some deeper water. hey good luck. FYI Take a sedative because they can _iss you off. They are masters of stealing bait.

JBL

Cadet

Hey I'm in Delaware . We went out New Years Day to a wreck with (green crab) and knocked the crapola out of Tog. Citation size. I took my own boat out to the Ice Breakers and caught a limit in no time flat with green crab 2 weeks ago. They are everywhere rocks are. Espec. with some deeper water. hey good luck. FYI Take a mild sedative because they can _iss you off. They are masters of stealing bait.

JBL

Cadet

Sorry 'bout the double post JB Didn't mean too.