Black Coolfeel Vinyl

GarrettKing

Recruit
Considering buying a Mastercraft X24. Looking at interior colors and really like black base with tan accents. I'm curious if anyone has a newer Mastercraft with Black Coolfeel as the base interior color. I'm wondering how hot it actually gets on a clear day on the water. I live in Middle GA so it gets pretty hot during the Summer. I'm worried if I go with Black Coolfeel it might still be too hot to the touch or may add extra reflective/radiant heat to the boat. Anyone have any experience with the darker Coolfeel vinyl colors?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Howdy.

Got a Mastercraft dealer around? Visit and kick off your shoes or flip flops during a demo ride. Even climb aboard a display boat in the sun.

GarrettKing

Recruit
We do. We've looked at several and did a demo ride. All the ones we've looked at have ligher colors... Grey, White, Tan. I've not found one yet that has black as the base interior color. Really hard to find that on a lot for some reason.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Really hard to find that on a lot for some reason.

That may be the answer to your question. I'm a little north of Atlanta and my darkish blue carpet is very toasty and unless Mastercraft found a vendor with magic vinyl, Black Coolfeel may be simply a marketing ploy.

GarrettKing

Recruit
Could be. I dunno. I feel like it's more that the paint schemes being ordered that is maybe driving it more. A lot of schemes are more the blues, greys, and more coastal colors, which would look weird with black interior. I'm thinking about - just thinking about - go black on black with tan accents.

I did see one person with a Supreme that has black on black said their version of coolfeel was warmer than a lighter color, but not hot to the touch even after sitting in the sun for a while. But, that's a different brand so I'm not sure if they're using vinyl with the same tech properties.

I'm probably overthinking this. Just don't want to drop this kind of money on a wake boat and regret going with that much black. But it's so, so sexy the way we've designed the entire scheme.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Black becomes an ugly grey in short order from the effects of UV.

Applying a UV protector on an ongoing basis will delay the transition but it not stop it