Bird watching

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Not too many here know that I am an avid bird watcher.<br />I like to just sit on the porch and watch them around all the different feeders that I have.<br /><br />I have been watching now for some 15 years or so and I study them all the time for different actions mean different things when they are around the feeders.<br /><br />Some, you know which is the male by the color of the bird and others all look the same to me.<br /><br />I know that there are some more bird watchers on here and was wondering if maybe you could take a look at these two birds and tell me which is the male and which one is female.<br /><br />I can not figure it out to save me.<br />I can see no difference in color, shapes of feathers, etc, nothing.<br />Please look and see and thanks.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /><br />.<br />.<br />..<br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />
image0011.gif

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bird watching

I want to say that the the quiet one is female,but conventional wisdom leads me in the other direction :D :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

You must be living a charmed life if you can't figure this out.<br />Perhaps if you got off the porch someday and watch some other birds, you would get a clue that would help you figure it out.<br /><br />Here are a few locations to check out.<br /><br />946 Elm st<br />Oshkosh WI<br /><br />4233 Kostas Way<br />Streamwood IL<br /><br />1367 S 87th street<br />West Allis WI

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Muddfish is right you can tell the female by the way there mouth is flapping .......HA HA

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

But roscoe, I can't get off the porch right now.<br /><br />11:06 AM EST Sat-Jan-08 - The National Weather Service has issued a <br />FLOOD WARNING<br />Kentucky counties<br />Boyd, Greenup<br /> :eek: :eek: :eek:

LadyFish

Admiral

And, to think birds mate only once in their lifetime. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm sure if you ask Mrs. SBN she will explain it in detail so you will understand. Yeah? Hee hee. Let us know the results.<br />Bassy ;) :D

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

I think you got it wrong. That's one bird telling her sister the latest juicy gossip! ;) :p

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by The Professor:<br /> I think you got it wrong. That's one bird telling her sister the latest juicy gossip! ;) :p
Or discussing which is further away, the moon or Paris.<br /><br />AK Chappy