Bimini top repair

EvinFla

Seaman
I have to replace a bent section on my Bimini top. Would anyone know where you could find aluminum or SS tubing. I need about a 10 ft section.<br /><br />Thanks

delta breeze

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Bimini top repair

West Marine or your local metal shop should be able to get it.Good luck The Delta Breeze

captain spike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just my input.... <br /><br /> try home depot or loews might be cheaper than a marine or metal shop,<br /><br /> *** 1971 18' winner 1969 115 jonny ***

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Aluminum will be cheaper and much lighter.I always had an aluminum set up on my past boats.Very easy to put the bimini top on all by myself.My most recent boat has a 10 ft beam and stainless railing on the bimini and it is so heavy I was not able to get it lined up to put on by myself.I was shocked at how heavy it was.Charlie

BillP

Captain

Call ASTRUP in Miami. They wholesale aluminum tubing to marine canvas shops and can tell you who has it locally.

EvinFla

Seaman

Thank you all for your reponse.<br /><br />After much searching I found a shop that sells anodized aluminum for $1.40 a ft. Got a bender and fabricated the replacement part myself. <br /><br />Thanks for helping me Save some $$$$$.