bimini or t-top

another toy

Cadet
First I would like to thank everone on here for all the good info. Picked up a free boat with a 70 rude on it that runs perfect just needed to install new stringes and deck.Received all my info from all the post on here did hours of reading.thank again for all the info. Now back to the question. has anyone made there own t-top. I was thinking of using 1 3/8 top rail from a chain link fence.Any thoughts.rember working on a tight budget only have about 250.00 into boat so far.Thanks

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
Re: bimini or t-top

The t top are nice I have one on our boat you need to worry about getting the boat structurally sound first, then get your top...........

jonesg

Admiral

First I would like to thank everone on here for all the good info. Picked up a free boat with a 70 rude on it that runs perfect just needed to install new stringes and deck.Received all my info from all the post on here did hours of reading.thank again for all the info. Now back to the question. has anyone made there own t-top. I was thinking of using 1 3/8 top rail from a chain link fence.Any thoughts.rember working on a tight budget only have about 250.00 into boat so far.Thanks

If you already own a welder, it can be done for less than $250 with EMT tube. I just finished mine.
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/jonesg_photos/T-Top/?albumview=slideshow

Otherwise just snag a used bimini on craiglist.

another toy

Cadet

new stringer in and new deck is in.need to sand the floor this weekend and paint.figured i could build 5x7 t-top for about 150.00 dollars. from local home improvment store.

another toy

Cadet

don't own welder.thats why I was going to use top rail from fencing the sell tee conn and 90's to bolt together.And using pipe conn to anger to the deck. I have a dual console boat so it would be a mod t-top. I like yours what size emt did you use?I also found a 5x7 blue tarp plastic on one side material on the other for 8 bucks