Bill Clinton, What A Guy!

NYMINUTE

Captain
NEW YORK (AP) -- On their tour of tsunami damage in Southeast Asia, former President Bill Clinton once allowed his predecessor, former President George H.W. Bush, to sleep on the plane's only bed while he stretched out on the floor.<br /><br />The government plane in which the presidents toured the disaster area had one large bedroom and another room with tables and seats, according to an interview with Bush in this week's Newsweek.<br /><br />Bush, 80, said Clinton offered ahead of time to give the older former president the bedroom so he could lie flat and avoid paining his body. Clinton, 58, decided to play cards in the other room that night.<br /><br />The next morning, Bush said he peeked in and saw Clinton sound asleep on the plane's floor.<br /><br />"We could have switched places, each getting half a night on the bed, but he deferred to me. That was a very courteous thing, very thoughtful, and that meant a great deal to me," Bush said.<br /><br />Bush said he and Clinton are not close, but have been compatible on the tour, partly because Clinton respects his age.

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Bill Clinton, What A Guy!

Well, the phrase "respect your elders" comes to mind here. Even if President Clinton hates President Bush, it sure is nice to know that he respects his elders.

Carphunter

Commander

Its really a shame Bush Sr. didn't roll him off the plane while he was asleep. You gotta capitalize on these types of opportunities. ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hey carpy: Preferably with a bungee attached to Mr. Johnson.<br />Clinton must have had a Monica act-a-like on board.

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You have to admit it was a classy thing to do no matter who it was.I hope I get that kind of respect when I'm Bushes age cause Lord knows I don't get any now. LMAO

NYMINUTE

Captain

UPDATE: Willie is going under the knife again. Must have been a tough trip on the slick one.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> UPDATE: Willie is going under the knife again. Must have been a tough trip on the slick one.
Naw NYM, he just got violently ill when he heard Hillary claim that women in politics were more ethical than men! :rolleyes: