Bilge thru hull fittings

Kender

Seaman Apprentice
My current bilge line runs to a fitting about 4 inches from the transom on the starboard side. From looking at it it appears to be the 7/8" line but not 100% until I pull the old bilge pump bracket this weekend. The 2 new bilge pumps that I have need the 1-1/8" tubing. I will for sure have to run 1 new thru hull fitting and possibly replacing the smaller one for a larger one. The issue is that the current fitting is far enough back to just barely reach through the existing deck hatch and to when I reach for it the position you have to be in immediately causes my side to cramp up. I'm not sure I could lay there like that long enough to swap out the fitting. My choices are to either add a deck plate to that area for access directly above the fittings or put 2 new fittings just in front of the existing fitting. I would leave a 1-2" gap between the fittings so even the furthest forward one would only be about 12-18" from the transom. Which way would be my best course to take? The fittings are less than 2 feet above the bilge and 3.5' from the center line of the boat.

Also any tips on sealing the fittings to the hull?