Bilge Blower

1995 Chris Craft Crowne
Rule blower 4 inch hit the switch a month ago no blower figured it was no good, bought a new one hooked up hoses and wire harness (yellow, Black) hit switch no action, no tripped breakers batts both good tight connections, took blower to battery terminals direct fires right up, blower is not issue.

Specifics,

Switch Eaton 3 Blade ON-OFF
top blade Black that also goes to Halon Suppression System when blower switch is on it lights up and green light on Halon is on.
Middle Blade, Red , Orange
Bottom Blade, Red , Yellow

when switch is first turned on Port Tach needle goes to the 60 about 1/4 inch

Today I took MultiMeter and plugged into blowere harness connector at blower
13.37 Volts

So if my switch is good, I took it apart and it is working for Halon, Batts Good, Built in circuit breaker not tripped, Blower Good, and power at Harness why is my Tach moving towards 60 and Blower not operating, I have traced all wires no disconnected. Only thing was in November a Mobile Marine company pulled Port engine to replace Y Pipe could they have done something I have looked everwhere, and am very frustrated, don't want to blow up the boat. Thanks for any suggestions and advice.

maywmayw48

Recruit
Re: Bilge Blower

If you are still having that problem, run a temp ground direct from batt. If ypou have 12+ volts at the fan only thing that could stop it would be a poor groun. That also may be whats spiking the Tach. It may be trying to grnd through the tach.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bilge Blower

If you are still having that problem, run a temp ground direct from batt. If ypou have 12+ volts at the fan only thing that could stop it would be a poor groun. That also may be whats spiking the Tach. It may be trying to grnd through the tach.

Ground issue X2