bildge pump

jeffryb

Cadet
with my boat in the drivway my rule bildge pump is going off every few minutes without water coming out?
it does pump the water out when there is water inside bildge area

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Yo have a pump that electronically checks for water every few minutes. When it sees resistance it will run till the water is gone. I personally don’t care for them as they can drain the battery over time. I prefer a real float switch style. If you are plugged into shore power and the charger is on, it’s ok. The charger will keep the battery charged ok.

Alumarine

Captain
Sounds like this.

tpenfield

Staff member
Those automatic bilge pumps are a nightmare . . . I put one in my boat about 10 years ago and didn't realize it would cycle every few minutes. It ran the battery down in about a week.

Threw it in the trash and installed a manually activated version.

ESGWheel

Petty Officer 1st Class
My Rule ‎750 Automatic Bilge Pump, Model RM750A, has failed and looking to replace it. This pump is an automatic type using a ‘field effect’ sensor to detect water (supposedly will not pump if 100% oil). Also has a manual On. Since they no longer make these, I need to retrofit but do not what a separate or even a self-contained mechanical float and no way I am going with the newer type that turn on every 3 minutes: boat sits in water at dock sometimes for weeks and is a 23’ runabout so no shore power (and it’s not available anyway so cannot hook up a battery charger).

Anyone know of a good brand of bilge pump with auto feature using a similar non-mechanical type of float switch?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
My Rule ‎750 Automatic Bilge Pump, Model RM750A, has failed and looking to replace it. This pump is an automatic type using a ‘field effect’ sensor to detect water (supposedly will not pump if 100% oil). Also has a manual On. Since they no longer make these, I need to retrofit but do not what a separate or even a self-contained mechanical float and no way I am going with the newer type that turn on every 3 minutes: boat sits in water at dock sometimes for weeks and is a 23’ runabout so no shore power (and it’s not available anyway so cannot hook up a battery charger).

Anyone know of a good brand of bilge pump with auto feature using a similar non-mechanical type of float switch?
I suggest you start your own thread. Hijacking threads is against the rules.

harmanoff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i got the seaflo submersible automatic bilge and love it! works great, doesnt do that stupid cycle of checking for water. only runs when the float inside gets to a certian point with water in the boat!

jeffryb

Cadet

hi i found a battery charger solar panel at west marine that will keep battery charged all winter

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Hey jeffry this is a very old thread, the original poster prob figured out and didnt update. We shoot for any thread 90 days or older to only be updated by the original poster.

be well.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Hey guys. Jeff is the OP
@jeffryb if you want the thread opened up, let us know