bigfoot or not

Just Jed

Seaman
I bought a 94/60 mariner from a friend. I have gone to dealer for trim/tilt components (trim sender) and was told that I must have a big foot model as the standard 94/60 did not come with the required mounting holes etc. for a trim sender switch where as the big foot model does. My motor does have the required mounting holes etc. as the sender is now installed and working perfectly.<br /> My question is: Could my motor be a big foot and how can I tell visually? No decals or markings that I can see. Does this dealer know what he is doing? I am sure most do.

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: bigfoot or not

Can't answer your question but unless that<br />IBOATS party has all the experts so messed up<br />they can't type! :p I bet you will have the<br />answer by the end of the weekend.

Just Jed

Seaman

Thanks Link <br /> I might add that I know that the bigfoot has differant gears and are built beefier. Is there an indicator in the model/serial number? Maybe a stamp or a shape differance?

Just Jed

Seaman

Guess I will try some where else!<br /><br /> For Link <br /> Looks like you would have lost that bet.!!

Just Jed

Seaman

come on guys <br />someone out there knows.<br /> :confused: Please

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yo Jumpy Jed-...Bigfoot torpedo diameter is 4.25" and 2.31 to 1 ratio...nonBigfoot is 3.44" diam and 1.83 to one...now you can sleep !

Just Jed

Seaman

Thank You <br /> Now I can get some needed parts without the dealer insisting that I must have a BigFoot. Turns out that I do not as the torpedo dia. is 3.44"<br />Thank You again and sorry for seeming impatient but there is still a lot of boating that I want to do before ice up.

Bob Kimber

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just Jed,<br /><br />As a matter of interest for you, if you ever have to get parts for your lower unit and my memory serves me correctly, the 60hp bigfoot model shares the same lower unit as the 75 / 90 hp 3 cylinder motors without any modifications.<br /><br />Bob