Big Walleye and a prayer

NOSLEEP

Commander
CARROT RIVER, Saskatchewan -- A Saskatchewan priest and his father have given local fishermen a new meaning to the term a hope and a prayer.' <br /><br />Last January Father Mariusz Zajac (MARE-ree-us ZAY-jack) attributed his catch of a giant walleye in Tobin Lake to a prayer he was reciting at the time. <br /><br />The giant weighed more than eight kilograms and was more than a metre in length. <br /><br />Local fisherman dubbed the Roman Catholic priest Father Walleye. <br /><br />Now the priest's father from Poland, Richard Zajac, is having similar success with Hail Marys. <br /><br />The elder Zajac was reciting the Holy Rosary on Tobin Lake May 21st when he pulled in a walleye measuring 83 centimetres and weighing about 6.3 kilograms. <br /><br />Just three days ago, he pulled in another nearly the same size. <br /><br />A typical walleye is one to two kilograms. <br /><br />Local fishermen are now bringing their lures to church on Sunday to have them blessed. <br /><br /><br /> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/HerbinatorX/Sask-Tobin.jpg

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Big Walleye and a prayer

Anything in the article about gettin' a copy of the prayer?? Gotta' work.....

NOSLEEP

Commander

I think he was rigging his rosary as a pickerel<br />rig. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Many times I have been hunkered over an ice hole doin some jiggin and the thought of prayer has never come to mind. My usual thought is "there is no @#$&ing fish in this lake".<br /><br />I would bring my rosary, but I'm sure one of my knucklehead friends would take it apart and try to fashion a carolina rig out of it.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm definitely forwarding this on to my parents. They'll sure get a kick out of it. And I may just try that praying on the lake. Can't hurt,right?<br /><br />Hey No Sleep. What kinda fish you got there in that pic? Wow! That's a very impressive catch there!<br />Bassy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> My usual thought is "there is no @#$&ing fish in this lake".<br /><br />
That's my usual too. :D Give or take a few @&#*! words.<br />Bassy

NOSLEEP

Commander

Bassy... Thats one of the big walleye Father Mariusz Zajac <br />caught on Lake Tobin.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm going to have to hunt down Father Walleye, heading up there in two weeks! :)