Big Rainbow! Trout 13 1/2 pounds

Link

Rear Admiral
Please don't get me wrong fellow iboaters. If I were to catch even a 5 pound rainbow I'd be taking pictures and posting all over iboats! <br />Yes this would be a BIG thing. But I'm not that good! Or Lucky! Now this guy is like JB's age + 30 years, he fishes 225 days a year! And he is a true sportsman. 2 out of the three scales listed it as 14 1/2 pounds and he and the reporter listed it as 13 1/2 pounds. Doesn't get any better than that. But in that lake maybe 10 minutes from my house they have German Browns taken every year at 19 lbs..<br />Last paragraph in the story<br />"He's been in that lake along time. (JB' age) He's a old guy" Luepton said "I can't imagine there's isnt a biggerfish swimming in American Lake <br /><br />Heh?? We have seen German Browns at 19 pounds swimming in the tankbefore being mounted! At Bills Boat House!<br /><br />BTW our state record for a rainbow is 29 1/2 pounds..Since this is the internet.. I would never take his glorey away from him.. here in WA state.. why. ?? And AND on a fly rod! This is cool! My take on it anyway! <br />Link

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Big Rainbow! Trout 13 1/2 pounds

Now I really feel deprived. My total last year didn't come close.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Rainbow's and brown's are certianly a creature of there habitat. It almost baffles me to read about these huge rainbows. Guess it's because I learned to flyfish them in New Mexico streams where anything over two pounds was lickley going to be your fish of the year, and onything over 14 inches was an excelent day. My father in law catches them in the ten pound class regularily...Some day I want to fish with him or any place else these monsters roam. Lake superior sports some nice ones but I believe the record there is in the twenty pound class.

tylerin

Commander

Once caught a 9 lb brown out of Lake Shasta. The guy in the next camp told me to take it into DFG because it must be a record. We ate it. Can only imagine a 13 lber

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

To Freshwater Fishing.