BF75 Questions I have about it.

NorCalAngler

Cadet
I have a BF75 - 1102027. I would like to know, what year it is ? and I would be replacing the impeller. How do I remove the impeller housing from the vertical shaft? the housing will not go thru the shaft which flares out to a larger diameter.I have removed the lower unit.Any and all information would be appreciated.

psteurer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: BF75 Questions I have about it.

For the date, you will also need a more complete model number. You probably can get an approximate date from this site: http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Outboard Engine/parts.html

If you are going to do this type of repair, you might want to consider getting the OEM manual. Honda Marine has them for sale or you could try ebay. The manual will pay for itself many times over. Possibly someone else can give you an answer on your specific question on the water pump.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

that motor is a 1979 :cool:....from what I can tell in the diagram - it's a 2 piece driveshaft

Last edited:

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

That shaft is a square drive that fits into the bottom of the crank and then into the top of the gearcase with splines at the top.The square end of that shaft fits into a stubby plated shaft that ,in all honesty,goes to hell,without regular attention.There is a hole at the top of that shaft that allows you to inject a little penetrant.That and some patience will help.