Best vehicle for our family

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Best towing vehicle..

Re: Best towing vehicle..

I'll throw in my .02. I have an '08 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. It pulls the boat (19' cuddy) like it's not even back there. It also does a decent job pulling the camper. I can flip up my center console and it will seat 6 people. We have 4 kids ages 10 to 16 and on the rare occasion we all go somewhere, we take my truck so we don't have to take 2 vehicles. It seats all 6 of us in realative comfort plus there is plenty of room for any gear in the bed. My wife has a fully loaded Dodge Nitro. It's built on the same platform as a Jeep Liberty. When the wife and I go anywhere, even by ourselves, we take the Ram. Plenty of room and very comfortable to us. Long story short, don't rule out the full size quad cab pickups. When the time comes to replace mine, (it only has 40,000 miles, so it will be awhile) we'll be getting another quad cab. I've looked at the Chevys and Fords, and some folks may prefer one brand over another, but they are all pretty similar. Personally, I like the idea of having a full size truck in the driveway. If I need to haul or tow something, I have the capability to do so. If (and when) I ever upgrade boats, I'll have the capability to pull a somewhat larger boat if need be.

Good luck on your decision. I hope you find the vehicle that you need.