Best prop size and pitch 00 regal 2100 LSR

THester00

Cadet
I have a 01 regal 2100 LSR. I just motor swapped it from a 5.0 to a vortec 5.7 97 gm engine. Bored .30 over new summit heads etc. It had the Alpha 1 drive. Current prop on it is an alum 14.5 in 17P 4 blade solas. It’s pretty beat up so needs to be replaced. I would like a little more top end but still a good pull to get wakeboards up and such. Don’t know if a 3 or 4 blade would be better and size and pitch as well. Thanks in advance!!

brodmann

Chief Petty Officer
The key to prop selection is finding the right size and pitch to put you within the manufacturers recommended top end RPM range. Tell us what your top speed is now and your RPM's, and we can help you figure out what you need. Lowering pitch gives quicker acceeration, but increases in pitch increae top end. But with your anticipated HP increase, you may have the ability to increase both.

THester00

Cadet
The key to prop selection is finding the right size and pitch to put you within the manufacturers recommended top end RPM range. Tell us what your top speed is now and your RPM's, and we can help you figure out what you need. Lowering pitch gives quicker acceeration, but increases in pitch increae top end. But with your anticipated HP increase, you may have the ability to increase both.
Ok I’ll get it on the water this afternoon and get some readings. Thanks

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
any idea of the gear ratio ? Sounds like you might be around the 1.6-1 mark. Be good to confirm what it says on the outdrive

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Ran the boat wot 45 mph 4,850-4,900 rpm
If you got that trimmed out I would leave it alone. Should have been a nice upgrade vs the 5.0?

So If i read this correctly you are basically at the same rpm as with the 5.0? I did a 4.3 =>5.0 repower and had to go up 2" in pitch. How much can you trim up? I found with the right prop (revoltuion4) I could use full trim and added 4 mph top end vs other prop I was running

THester00

Cadet
I’m not sure how the 5.0 ran. I bought the boat with a cracked block, I usually trim up a little below quarter up any thing higher then that it comes out of the water. I played around with trim. Rpms didn’t change really speed maybe changed from 40 to 45.