Best prop for wakeboarding

Radeonx

Cadet
I currently have a 2004 Glastron SX175. The current prop on there is pretty beat up and slips like crazy while pulling tubers or even trying to take off quickly. I ideally wanted to go with a stainless steel 5 blade prop but im not seeing that as an option for the volvo pentas. Top speed means very little to me as i am on a very small lake and the boat is used soley for towing tubes / wakeboarders / and skiers. Anyone have any suggestions on props i should look at?

Radeonx

Cadet
Re: Best prop for wakeboarding

forgot to mention that it is the standard 3 blade prop that comes with the boat. sorry i can't remember the specs on it.

Varago

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You can run the newer HighFive's on your VP just make sure it has the Hub-kit for a VP, I run one on my 5.0GXi VP. Quicksilver has released a HighFive in there line called QST5, the same prop but without the PVS vent plugs, makes it a $100 cheaper. BTW its a great prop.

Dave

sleeper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If your current prop is pretty beat up because you have hit things in the water then you probably should not buy a SS prop because you will break something. If it is just wear on the leading edges of the blades from normal use then you should be fine going to SS.

To recommend a pitch we need engine/drive combo, gear ratio, current max rpm with normal load, current prop pitch, etc.

Radeonx

Cadet

we bought the boat with damage done to the prop. and i should be able to get back to you guys later tonight with prop specs, speeds, load, RPMs, etc..