Best of iboats 2004

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Given some of the negative posts here, it might be refreshing for something more positive. Mods, how about a "Best of iboats 2004" thread?<br /><br />First we'd need to nominate and choose categories, then nominate and choose winners.<br /><br />As an example, if there were a "Best Title" category I'd nominate the thread 'Boat Sank'. Clean, concise, and yet compelling and powerful.<br /><br />For a "Funniest Line (unintentional)" category I'd nominate the line "It appears when I rewired after the battery fire ..." from the post 'Topic: Electrical Problem'. <br /><br />I'm sure we could come up with a number of good categories, from the serious to the humorous, e.g. "Best Diagnostic Advice in a Post", "Most Humorous Picture", etc., etc. <br /><br />The categories chosen could be reused for an annual 'Best Of' poll.<br /><br />Thoughts?

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Best of iboats 2004

Love to see a list of Pooofed Topics too. Maybe just the title.

gonfishn

Commander

Along with maybe the titles also include the names of the infamous folks who provoked such a thread. Those that are still here and those who were poofed into eternity permanently<br /><br />Lets see here Moose,Neaumans,Spinner,Snapper,Castawayray,just to name a few honorables.Since I have never been poofed(as musky waits for the roof to fall in)i am not worthy of a mention here..We had some amazing poofs here. Those who have been for a couple years know what I mean.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Never been poofed, GF??<br /><br />Oh gee. I'm so sorry we have neglected you. I will try to make it up to you in the near future. :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Never been poofed, GF??<br /><br />Oh gee. I'm so sorry we have neglected you. I will try to make it up to you in the near future. :D :D
UH OH!!!! :D :D :eek:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I've been spoofed twice!!! But not for "OBSENITIES!!!" Very Very minor!!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />Happy Holidays!!! :cool: :cool:

Trent

Captain

Got a question...? Has JB ever been Poofed? :)

Mod2

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mods don't poof Mods.......it's a Mod thing....
31.gif

Homerr

Commander

I think I'm poof free too.. maybe...<br /><br />I'll have to work on that next year!<br /><br />H.

gonfishn

Commander

Since this is all in good spirits why don't the mods share with us, some of the, shall we say more colorful ones..<br /><br />Since JB is the ancient one here maybe he can help us out a little..I must admit here that I have been poofed at least once..Does anyone remember Prairie Dog Fishn..The peta folks ate me alive on that one..

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This is funny. There's already a post dedicated to poofed threads, banned members, etc.<br /><br />That is what prompted me to suggest something positive in addition to all of the 'poofed' and 'best arguments' discussions.<br /><br />But all that gets mentioned is the 'poofed posts'/ 'banned members' stuff again. Lol! <br /><br />Not that I'd mind seeing some of those categories included, but not exclusively. No interest in any other types of categories?

ob

Admiral

Lakelivin,Just start a poll thread and title it "Funniest topic or most helpful topic" or whatever and see how many hits it gets.The favotite will speak for itself.

aspeck

Staff member

Okay, how about from the altime list of Beauracracy Run Amock, we could have KKC's Streams, or Sud's My Boat is Listing. Wonder what ever happened to the leaning Craperell? Or if the story was even true? That one could have been a nominee for the greatest scam on the iBoats family?<br /><br />And who could forget the "Anchors love water" line nominated for best comeback/oneliner.<br /><br />But then these go back farther than 2004. Hmmm, 2004 ...