best marine audio system?

utbasketballloft

Seaman Apprentice
i was wondering what do you guys think the best overall marine audio system is. im purchasing a bowrider and it needs everything replaced, the speakers, head unit and wiring. i would like something that i can hook up my iphone to so as long as it has an aux input in the front that would be ideal. i also would like something that sounds pretty good and is pretty loud, thanks!

Triton II

Commander
Re: best marine audio system?

I fitted both my boats with Fusion head units and speakers. They've been reliable, loud enough, easy to install and to use, and are very durable. The lastest one has an optional ipod cable and a front-mounted USB port. Have a look at the Fusion website.

TII

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

much like boats themselves, there is no 'best'. EVERY head unit is a compromise in one area or another...

things to look for in a boat head unit... marine head units ARE worth the extra you pay. water/splash proof, but they also retain settings without power. most car head units do not. Remotes. get a wired remote that you can mount in a secondary location, very nice to have! speakers... more is better. more speakers = less noise. it allows you to turn it down, but everyone can still hear it without spraying sound out to all your neighbors.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Rockford Fosgate, we use those as our high end system at Bennington an they ROCK.

I have the head unit and 4 speakers, it is 160 watts without an amp and sounds increadible.

there are a ton of options though and with a stereo you can spend about anyhting you want but definately go with marine equipment.