Best Manual for Evinrude?

Howard Allen

Seaman Apprentice
Any recommendations on a manual? I have an old 1962(?) Evinrude 28HP motor and I would like to get a good manual that would cover just this motor or no more than it and it's 40HP cousin. Any suggestions? Need good exploded diagrams and especially carburettor and tune-up stuff. I am assuming I can't get it from OMC since they are now bankrupt. I am sure there are com****** who print manuals, I have even seen some at NAPA, though they are too general for me, covering a wide range of motors.

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Best Manual for Evinrude?

My marine mechanic buddy refers to the "general" manuals you describe as "pay me now or pay me later" books. What you want it out there...you just gotta keep looking. I'd assume they are rather scarce though... I occasionally see these advertised on Ebay and I'd suggest you check there. However, there is a market for these older OEM manuals and reproductions can be obtained. If you browse around the web, I'm sure you can locate a source. I know I've seen them out there... Good luck! Walt

Howard Allen

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Best Manual for Evinrude?

Thanks OBM, I just ordered one, thanks for the recommendation!<br /><br />Howard