Best Love Song Poll

SoulWinner

Commander
What is the best love song ever? You can pick three from the list. Thanks for voting!

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Best Love Song Poll

Ok, voted. This could interesting after a few more people vote. I got some titles from the suggestions for songs to collect.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think the 40s and 50s were the golden age of love songs. Too few here ever heard them.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

sweet child of mine (guns & roses) possibly the best song ever ,the first note sends a shiver up your spine and a finger to the volume button

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I think the 40s and 50s were the golden age of love songs. Too few here ever heard them.
SW me and my sisters are proof that JB is correct. Born in the late 40's and early 50's :D <br />Not Love songs per say.. Blue Tailed Fly (Jimmie crack corn and I dont care) and the Old Chisholm Trail...Buffalo Gals ... thats what I had.. Elvis was a movie star (not a singer anymore) and the Fabulous Four (Beatles) hadn't made it to America yet. I think I grew up in the sticks.. no phones and one radio station but we did have one TV channel... and I'm only 52 :D

SoulWinner

Commander

Link and JB, My dad is in his 60's, and grew up in the 50's. He has a huge collection os music from the 40's 50's and early 60's. I have heard it all, and The Platters rule. Music back then was excellent whether it was a love song, a break up song, or what ever.<br /><br />Being Gen-X'er, I still think the best music was in 80's. :)

SoulWinner

Commander

WoW!!!!! Nat King Cole is whooopin' booty! Never saw that coming, honest.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by dave gibson:<br /> sweet child of mine (guns & roses) possibly the best song ever ,the first note sends a shiver up your spine and a finger to the volume button
The only way I could ever end that shiver was to turn it off. :D Man, I hate Axel's voice!!!! Arghhh, almost as bad as Slash's quitar.<br /><br />Sorry, just don't do those dudes. Give me some VanHalen and I'll crank the heck out of it, but Guns and Roses, love songs, huh? :confused:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Joe Cocker works on all women.<br /><br />Ken
Hey Ken......It looks kinda strange...Cocker...all woman! Tightrope around a zap.

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

Hey SW<br /><br />This has been a great post. Voted but there are just too many good songs there.<br /><br />Cheers<br />Andrew

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree w/ JB, I was in school in the 50's & 60's, but grew up listening to my parents music from the 30's & 40's, it's tough to beat that stuff. It was , & is difficult, to pick a song or even several songs. (& nobody picked "Hold Me, Kiss Me, Thrill Me) IMHO Joe

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

I found it a interesting list but wondered if "Whole lot of Rosie " could be considered a love song?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Why, oh why.... My heart will go on - Celine Dion? Has to be one of the greatest love songs of the last 15 years!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Originally posted by reddog349:<br /> I found it a interesting list but wondered if "Whole lot of Rosie " could be considered a love song?
One should love thyself. ;)

f_inscreenname

Commander

Boston - More Then a Feeling ?? Not on the list??<br />You know how many times that has been played at proms?

Tyme2fish

Commander

Woo Hoo. My choice to elect When a Man Loves a Woman has 15%

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Whats that song....<br />I want to stand with you on a mountain<br />I want to bathe with you in the sea<br />???

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> Whats that song....<br />I want to stand with you on a mountain<br />I want to bathe with you in the sea<br />???
Truly, Madly, Deeply. - Savage Garden. Aussie band.<br /><br />Excellent song!!<br /><br />3 way tie so far, GO NAT ! :) <br /><br />Aldo