best boating insurance company

powderhombre

Seaman Apprentice
well finally getting my first boat into the water maybe next week. with maybe 2 months left in the boating season. but want to be responsible and covered in an unlikely event. so who do you guys like for the insurance end of things. I got a quote from US boats, or boats are US for $160.00 annually. not a bad price, but know nothing of their track record. has anyone used them? oh, by the way, 1982 Beachcraft, 18ft. open bow runabout, I/O 3.8 lt.

RickJ6956

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: best boating insurance company

Progressive not only had the best price for my boat, they are one of the few majors that will write a policy on older boats. (Mine's an '87.)

JimKW

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nationwide at $100/year. Just got it last week. Switching my Homeowner's and Auto insurance over to them too.

sbbamafan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Been a member of Boats US for a decade. I priced others including progressive and it was better at Boat US. Cant tell you about claims....never had one. I have, however, always heard good things about them.

dvan1901

Chief Petty Officer

I use Boat US as well, best prices. Also, they specialize in boat insurance and boating interests. I've never made a claim with them, but I was trailering my boat in a small Tennessee town on a Sunday and had a tire blow out. I was hesitant to call them, and searched all over the place for a tire..none on a Sunday; nobody was open. I finally called, and should have done that first. They took all my information, made sure I was safe and in 30 minutes a guy was there with a new tire. I only had to pay for the tire; they pay for the guys time. Was worth every penny just right there.