Bernie Ecclestone

PW2

Commander
Bernie is the CEO of F1 racing series, and when asked about Danica Patrick as a racer, replied "Women should be dressed in white, just like the other domestic appliances."<br /><br />Say what you want about his judgement and tact, but you have to admire his bravery.<br /><br />I will never understand why some people need to expound opinions on issues like this, Whether it is Bernie or Vijay Singh re Annika or whatever. If women really can't compete, the results will reflect it, and they have nothing to worry about.<br /><br />If they can compete, more power to them. Customers pay to see the best compete on an equal basis. If they are truly all men, so be it. I really don't see what is to be gained by comments like this.<br /><br />Oh, well!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bernie Ecclestone

I love it. Perhaps she will appear in F1 in an all white car and drivers suit, and only race in the US GP, as that is the only domestic F1 race. Only time will tell.<br /><br />Back to the race now.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The race in Michigan, that is.<br /><br />What a mess in Indy. Suprised there wasn't a riot.<br />Now Ecclestone left the track, before the midpoint in the race.<br />What an exxxxx exciting race.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What a mess. I guess F1 will have to start from below zero to build U.S. following.

dolluper

Captain

Funny the Big M tire company had alot in making it a non-race 6 cars what a joke Worried after Shaumucker's accident in practice in the 180mph turn,they couldn't figger out the right compound to make it a safe race for everyone,so the drivers refused to race Hummm looking for a new job maybe 100,000 pissed fans

LadyFish

Admiral

"Women should be dressed in white, just like the other domestic appliances."
Nice, really nice. I thought males had come further along than that.<br /><br />He should have his faced slapped for that totally out of place and prejudice comment.
32.gif
<br /><br />I can just imagine what his wife must be like. That is........if he found one dumb enough to marry his sorry azz.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />Nice, really nice. I thought males had come further along than that.<br />
Did the refrigerator just say something :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wrong, Dolluper.<br /><br />The team owners decide whether to race or not. The drivers are simply employees. Michelin advised the owners not to use that tire design after two tire failures related to the G forces in turn 1 during practice.<br /><br />Michelin and the owners asked for a chicane in the long straight to reduce turn 1 entry speeds, or Ecclestone to allow Michelin to supply a different design replacement tire. <br /><br />His Majesty Ecclestone refused the compromise, so the owners decided not to risk their drivers' lives.<br /><br />The stupid comment about Danica Shows just one more facet of this egotistical jerk.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Looks like Gaugeguy just went to the top of LF's poo-poo list... :D

D

DJ

PW2 wrote:<br /><br />
I will never understand why some people need to expound opinions on issues like this
Why? Because there are egos and the media.