Belling's off the Radio

eeboater

Commander
For all of you Wisconsinites... <br /><br />Was anyone else in here as shocked as I was when you turned on the radio today to find that Belling had been taken off the radio and replaced by Hannity?<br /><br />Sean

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Belling's off the Radio

I used to listen to Behling, till I moved north 8 years ago.<br />He was about the worst of the right "leaning" jocks in the nation.<br />More of a shock jock than a talk show host.<br />I always found it hard to believe that he could fill in for the national hosts, but he has on many occoassions.<br />I used to catch him making so many factual errors, and never once do I remember him making a correction or admitting he was wrong. I sure hope he made lots of money on the race horses he has been buying, cause he's gonna need it now.<br /><br />So no, I am not be suprised at all that he got the hook.<br /><br />Hannity will keep the Behling base, and expand the audience.<br /><br />I was really suprised when Charlie Sykes got divorced.<br />I would really like to hear the story behind the story on that one.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

An element Belling provided was the local view (of his) on events in Milw. I doubt Hannity can do the same. Hannity has a national flavor to his show.<br /> <br />BTW, what Belling did was use an ethnic slur, now known as the "WB" term, similar to the "N" word, in describing those illegal immigrants who entered the US via a river crossing, live on his radio broadcast. Offended many in Milwaukee.<br /><br />An aside, and just an opinion from me, any slurish (is that a word?) terms or labels commonly used to describe or reference a white person should be off limits as well. Touché!!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

An aside, and just an opinion from me, any slurish (is that a word?) terms or labels commonly used to describe or reference a white person should be off limits as well. Touché!!
PJC, its crackers like you....<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Seriously, I never was offended by white racist slurs/slang. Never understood why that hyped anyone up. Now if you call me a "stupid a-hole"... them's fightin words!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Hehehehe Mark. I'm thick skinned as well.....don't really care..........but.<br /><br />Todays paper (Milw. Urinal)reports that Belling has been suspended for unannounced period of time.