Before they say how divided we are

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
The USA has always been divided on the presidential election.<br /><br />Year Winner Percent of Popular vote<br />1980 Regan 50.7%<br />1984 Regan 58.8<br />1988 Bush 53.4<br />1992 Clinton 43.3<br />1996 Clinton 50.0<br />2000 Bush 48.3<br />2004 Bush 51.1<br /><br />Regan was considered VERY popular and he only won with 58.8% of the vote.<br /><br />Ken

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Before they say how divided we are

We can again thank the media for the division. Wach network skews the truth (or lies) a bit differently. Those who watch ABC, or CBS get a different slant. Same with CNN, etc. Too many talk shows, Rush, O'Reilly, Glenn Beck and so on. They get into our heads from other angles. Now we have celebrities speaking out. ("Hell Bruce, I love your music, but I don't give a s**t about your opinion or cause. Just shut up and record something NEW") And we poke fun at Ireland???

Twidget

Commander

Clinton gets 43/50% of vote and had a 'mandate'<br /><br />Bush gets 48/51% and the country is 'divided'?<br /><br />Go figure. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Daschle is gone though, happy days.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Clinton gets 43/50% of vote and had a 'mandate'<br /><br />Bush gets 48/51% and the country is 'divided'?<br /><br />Go figure. :rolleyes:
It's a prime example of the lies and distortions that are constantly coming from the left. And some wonder why I show no humility when a victory is had in spite of the lies.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Regardless of weather we agree,we will NEVER be divided as a country.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by fixin:<br /> Regardless of weather we agree,we will NEVER be divided as a country.
Don't take it so hard, fixin. With that new avatar, I fear for your well being. :p

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Boomyal....That's nice of ya,I'll be fine,but I could use some milk ta go with all these left over cookies :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

the media just can't admit that it's not NYC<br />and LA that rule the country. caught part of<br />"hardball" on MSNBC last night and 2 of his<br />guests (R.reagan jr was 1) were already starting<br />with the country divided crud and the evils of<br />Bush and the republican agenda.<br />COME ON! the voting machines aren't even cold yet!<br /> :mad:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Clinton gets 43/50% of vote and had a 'mandate'<br /><br />Bush gets 48/51% and the country is 'divided'?<br /><br />Go figure. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Daschle is gone though, happy days.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Clinton gets 43/50% of vote and had a 'mandate'<br /><br />Bush gets 48/51% and the country is 'divided'?<br /><br />Go figure. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Daschle is gone though, happy days.
There will be another Daschle just waiting to bash W. Big? Who will the Rep's put up against Hillary in 08? :(

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />There will be another Daschle just waiting to bash W. Big? Who will the Rep's put up against Hillary in 08? :(
There are many possibilities, but 4 years has a way of changing things. Could be McCain, Could be Powell, Could be Rice, Could be Ridge, Could even be ME! That's it, ME! I better get my political machine in the works, gonna be a long 4 years. I think I will chose Ralph as my running mate, Spinner will be Sec of State, Boomyal can be Sec of Defense, Link can be Deputy Sec of Defense, OBJ will be put in charge of NASA (cause we all know he's in outer space already), Bubbakat will be our Homeland Security Csar, Spratt the Drug Csar, Ladyfish can be Surgeon General, JB can be my media liason, 12Footer can be in charge of HUD, and there will be many other appointments to my cabinet positions. I will reach out to the other side of the aisle as well with appointments to woodrat and Plywoody will be appointed positions in the Department of Forestry, and Fixin, well, I am still thinking. Don't want to give him anything with the Navy, since he is in a sinking ship, but maybe he could be the head White House janitor?<br /><br />So, vote for ME and Ralph (if he accepts the position) in '08!<br /><br /> A VOTE FOR ME, IS A VOTE FOR YOU!