Before i buy an expensive coil !!!!

metor99

Seaman
This is what i have. 50hp 1986 force. i thought plugs were just craping out but today again on the lake for a test. Motor starts great brand new plugs in the motor. I took off and right away the motor wanted to drop a cylinder.
I took the bottom plug wires off, the motor did not change sounds. I then took off the top plug wire and motor died. I know knew that the bottom cylinder was the problem cylinder. I then switched the two coils and the problem then switched to the top cylinder not fireing right.
My question is is there anything else besides the coil that could be bad.
The plug wires will shock you through the rubber boot, WOW it bites could this also be a problem.

TY
Charles

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Before i buy an expensive coil !!!!

Yes that could be the problem .Get new ends to replace the ones you have, that might stop it from missing.You shouldn't get bitten.
Change them and see if that changes anything.
Then worry about the stator/trigger.J

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

And if that doesn't help, send me a private message with your email address--I MIGHT be able to help you with a good used coil.

metor99

Seaman

I changed to new plug wires. I also have 2 new plugs. I put a spark tester on the coil and it was NOT brite (dull orange). The good coil was a brite orange. Also when i pulled the plug bad coil wire off, the motor sound did change to hitting on 1 cylinder but when i put the wire back on it took a min or 2 for the cylinder to hit again. I guess that because with the weak spark it took time to clear the plug. This is the same coil i talked about in my other post that cracked alot with the switch on.. BUT this was after the weak fireing problem.

Any coils for sale cheap f380475 or 300-803830t
1986 50 hp 507x6a model
please it must work for sure
I dont have much money to spend on this.
the coil is oblong and black

metor99

Seaman

I recieved the new coil today, installed it and yes everything worked perfect. I now had a hot spark. TY for the help