beep....beeep....beep...when motor is in the water

tsgarbi

Seaman Apprentice
I have a mercury 150 efi outboard. runs well. fixed the problem with the reverse gear thanks to this forum. now when the engine is in the water and running, it keeps beeping..beep...beeep..beeep. when I tilt the engine up, the beeping stops. oil is full on both thanks, pressure is ok, caps are tight... what could it be..water pump is new, and everything is working fine

help

thank you

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: beep....beeep....beep...when motor is in the water

I currently have the same problem on my '87 100 hp 2+2. According to the manual this can be caused by one of three conditions.
1. You have a bad float in your oil resevoir. The float contains a magnet that completes a circut when oil level gets too low. I determined that this was my problem by inserting a telescoping magnet into my resevoir. The beeping stopped.
2. You have low or wrong voltage to the warning module.
3. You have a bad warning module.

tsgarbi

Seaman Apprentice
Re: beep....beeep....beep...when motor is in the water

JoeW said:
I currently have the same problem on my '87 100 hp 2+2. According to the manual this can be caused by one of three conditions.
1. You have a bad float in your oil resevoir. The float contains a magnet that completes a circut when oil level gets too low. I determined that this was my problem by inserting a telescoping magnet into my resevoir. The beeping stopped.
2. You have low or wrong voltage to the warning module.
3. You have a bad warning module.

Thank you joe, will try your suggestions in the morning. Will update with the outcome
TS