Been there done it once or twice!!!!!

Steve135

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi, On one of my more fun trips by myself. I was launching the boat( 16 ft dory center console ) There was no one around being it was 5:30am so I desided to launch drive to the dock and move the truck. Never do I do this. I launch walk to dock and move truck. So off I go 50 ft from trailer motor stops. Uh Oh! No start either. So bail out and walk to dock. The tide is going out pretty swiftly so I have to go now, or down the cannel and I know I can't stand there,so out I go.<br />But theres always a but My shorts to include my underware deside to get hung up on the cleat. Now I am hanging face first in the water trying to get the side of the boat with atleast one hand while ya going into the cannel! Well desperate times here,I rip off my shorts and all the underware go with it and I am free but in 6 ft of water now. I walk it to the beach and then the dock. It all took 5 minutes. I had nocked off the fuel line at the helm.I went fishing anyhow. I met up with a friend about 2 hrs later and all he had to say was richard what happened to you pants. My name is steve now you know why they call me richard LOL!!! We both caught 10 weak fish. Whats short for richard starts with D ends with K 4 letters.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Been there done it once or twice!!!!!

dunno if you want to say what is SHORT for richard ...<br /><br />but short shaft or long shaft, as long as the prop hits the water!

pontooner

Seaman Apprentice

Is that as in "Little Richard"

Nova II 260

Senior Chief Petty Officer

LMAO, Great story! Vivid picture, but no shore cam...damn.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

be glad the shorts and underware are all that got caught.