BBQ Season

LadyFish

Admiral
Now that BBQ season has arrived, it is perhaps a good idea to remind one and all of the tremendous significance of barbecues in the fabric of society and why men have barbecued meat from the dawn of civilization. Keep up the good work, men!<br />****************************************************<br />BBQ<br />It's the only type of cooking a real man will do. When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:<br /><br />The woman buys the food.<br /><br />The woman makes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.<br /><br />The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill -- beer in hand.<br /><br />Here comes the important part....<br /><br />THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.<br /><br />More routine....<br />The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.<br /><br />The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks her to bring him another beer while he deals with the<br />situation.<br /><br />Important again....<br /><br />THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.<br /><br />More routine....<br /><br />The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.<br /><br />After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.<br /><br />And most of all....<br />Everyone PRAISES the man and THANKS him for his cooking efforts.<br /><br />The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women! :D

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: BBQ Season

That reminds me, Perfect's has freshly butchered babybacks on sale for $3.99 a pound and the smoker hasn't been used for about a month! ;) :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey, LF!<br /><br />I will have you know that I don't barbeque, but I am one heck of a cook. So is my Grandson, Scott, who is execeutive chef at a classy french restaurant.<br /><br />I think we are real men, and we do our stuff without the help of women, though that help would surely be welcome.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Huh :confused: Y'alls need to give credit to where its due. <br />Something tells me that LF has been well trained by Mr LF :D <br />Jeez! Who could ask for a better gofer :p :D

magster65

Commander

Good one LF<br />Azzzzzzzzzzzif! :) <br />At my home I make dinner 5 nights a week (because I like cooking and the kids would rather eat my food than mama's).<br />If that woman in your story brought the man his cold beer and replaced it when it got warm, flat or empty, she's a dreamy.<br />But that gives me an idea...<br />iboats iron-chef!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

You missed 3 important steps in the BBQing process:<br /><br />OPEN A BEER<br /><br />OPEN ANOTHER BEEER<br /><br />OPN ANTHOER BEERRRR

Link

Rear Admiral

Done trained her good MrLadyFish<br />Now can she wash & wax a boat?? :D :D :D

JRJ

Commander

I do the grill, but I also chill the beer, so I'm kind of multi tasking. Please don't bother me with questions like "what are we having with it"? or "is it ready"? or "did your fire go out"?

rwise

Captain

no need to bring the beer, the ice chest is right there! I wish I had known these rules years ago, I'd have BBQed more often.<br /><br />"The woman makes the salad, vegetables, and dessert." Well, I just don't have room on the grill for these!

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dear LF, if you can find the time I'll treat you to a terrific sambal boontjes,babi ketjap and gado-gado. You'll never touch a burned steak served by your country-men again :D <br />Frank

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

LF,<br />You forgot man lights grill.....see guys we don't get no credit for nut'n!<br /><br />Food for thought MAN/MANager WOman/WOrker...just an observation... ;) ;) :D <br /><br />OK I'll get ready for my flogging now, then I'll head to the couch.

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks her to bring him another beer while he deals with the<br />situation.<br />
You got this part wrong. The woman comes into the house and tells the man "get up off the couch, the meat is burning" :D

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

I never send my wife to buy ribs, but she does OK w/ other meats.<br />No matter how little I cook, say just burgers on the grill, I'm the one who gets complimented for the entire meal. The funny thing is my mother in law is the person who always does this.