bayliners , wots the deal ???

daddy_coole

Cadet
since finding this site and having a good look around in some of the posts , i get the feeling bayliners have a less than inspiring rep ? <br /> being fairly new to the boat ownership scene i wondered if someone could let me know why these things are so disliked , you dont see very many bayliners in the uk so not many people talk about em :confused: :confused:

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Re: bayliners , wots the deal ???

This type of thread comes up every few months or so and opinions on this suject are like talking about Bush or Kerry. I've never owned a Bayliner, but what I concluded(in a a nutshell) is that older Bayliners' seem to have more problems. The newer ones seem to be made better and owners of these newer boats enjoy and like them.<br /><br />In North America, Bayliner is very popular because they are one of the least expensive ways to get on the water. So they are tempting to look at and possibly buy. Boat buyers will rationalise and justify their decision to buy a Bayliner or another more expensive brand by bashing or supporting Bayliners. No one wants to feel that they made a bad choice to either decide to pay less for a brand new Bayliner or more for another brand. Hence the many heated debates on this issue.

Stratocaster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Please, not again, so soon after the last battle.<br /><br />Daddy Coole, it's good manners to quickly search a board for a question before asking it. This is what you need to read:<br /><br /> Bayliner quality discussion <br /><br />Mike P

Bondo

Staff member

A Search of the archives will give you Plenty of reading.......<br />Here's another thread that has Many links to proof of the Quality Issues that Bilgeliners have.........<br /> the Weight debate, or Bilgeliners Lack of It.... <br /><br />Again,<br />I'm Not attacking Any Bayliner Owners........<br /><br />Just trying to provide Facts to the Questions Asked........<br /><br />After working on Many, but Never Owning a Bilgeliner....<br />I Still stand by My Opinion that,<br />
Bilgeliners are built with the Least amount of Inferior materials possible , <br />To create the Illusion of a Quality Boat.....<br /><br />This is not only My opinion, It's a Fact ....<br />

daddy_coole

Cadet

ok cheers guys , <br /> mods feel free to lock/delete this post as i can now see its a bit of a touchy topic :rolleyes:

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Two of my boats are Bayliners, they are a 77 5000lb barge express cruiser and a 88 20' cuddy with the dreaded Force 125. The big boat has a 350 SB w/vp280 I/O that has been in production for decades, and the boat floats just fine, and the seagulls love the two flybridges next to me more than mine.<br /> The other floats fine too, but the Force needs to be slapped around a bit to keep it in line.

RatFish

Chief Petty Officer

Yup, Bayliner. Pass the beer nuts...

Stratocaster

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm surprised that Bondo replied on this thread when he totally failed to deliver on my request on the previously-referenced thread (the link in my post above).<br /><br />Still waiting, Bondo.<br /><br />Mike P<br /><br />PS: With the sun in my eyes this afternoon, I hit a log at 26 knots and amazingly didn't sink my Bayliner.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh boy, it's back.....<br /><br />Interesting that the seagulls know enough to pass on one........... :p

eeboater

Commander

I know it's censorship, and restriction of freedom of speech... but could a Mod somewhere please lock this thread before it spirals out of control?!?!<br /><br /><br />
sucks5.jpg

daddy_coole

Cadet

Originally posted by Stratocaster:<br /> Please, not again, so soon after the last battle.<br /><br />Daddy Coole, it's good manners to quickly search a board for a question before asking it. This is what you need to read:<br /><br /> Bayliner quality discussion <br /><br />Mike P
sorry chap , but after a search gave me 19 results on general or tech questions about these boats it didnt really explain much .<br /><br /> AS I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST , PLEASE REPORT THIS THREAD TO A MOD WHO CAN LOCK AND/OR DELETE IT . <br /> theres obviously too many keyboard warriors out there who cant respond to questions with facts rather than personal opinions . my advice :- step away from the keyboard , put some clothes on and leave your house ! there are actually real people outside your window that have a life . sorry if that fact has upset your belief that there really are little tiny people who live inside your computer but you had to face fact sooner or later .<br /><br /> now wheres that report button :rolleyes:

rnsi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

<br />theres obviously too many keyboard warriors out there who cant respond to questions with facts rather than personal opinions<br />
That's what you get on a user forum. That's the point. It's for the sharing of ideas and opinions. If you want facts, check out the library.<br /><br />But that's just MY opinion.