Bayliner F-16 Element

richardn50

Recruit
Does anybody own or have owned an Element F -16? Any problems? Looking at a 2019 F-16 with a 75 H.P motor. Have heard pros and cons. Thank You

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Welcome back.

Couple thoughts.

A five year old boat is typically too new on this forum to have much discussion or deep knowledge.

I hate to refer you to another forum but baylinerownersclub.org is your best bet for specific info on that new of a boat.

General service questions always come back here.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
We have a local Bayliner dealer that sells a lot of boats. I can't recall ever seeing one on the water.

They are made on a price point, so a lot of the components are cheap plastic. I would expect a low resale value.

It has a shallow hull so it would be best to use it in calm waters.

All that said, it's not a "bad" boat. For the right price it could be a fine first boat provided that the buyer recognizes its limitations.

YellowT

Cadet
I went through this last spring, helping my son buy his first (cheap but competent) new lake/river runabout. It came down to a choice between a Bayliner Element F16 and a Tahoe T16, both at a similar price point. From close inspections, online reviews (Boat Test, etc.), and lengthy on-water trials of both boats, the Tahoe T16 was clearly the better boat.

The Tahoe was more stable in drift, tracked better at speed, handled more precisely at slow speeds, and handled chop or roiling water with less slamming. Both boats have inexpensive fittings and components, but the Tahoe's were better finished and, for example, used a minimal amount of screws v. bolts and backing. The Tahoe's hull and deck are industrially printed and seemed more consistent on inspection and more solid on the water. My son now has over a hundred hours on the Tahoe without issues.

Only an opinion, of course, although one based on research and experience with both boats. Not affiliated with either corporation. Good luck with your decision.

RGrew176

Commander
Maybe this will help.

I ended up with the Tahoe with the 75 HP motor. I really liked the boat but I had lots of problems with the motor. Boat spent most of the 22 season in the shop trying to get the motor to run. Of the 10 times I got the boat out that season it only ran 4 of those. I traded it in at the Fall Metro Beach boat show on a Stingray 182 SC since there was no way I would ever have trusted that motor on the Tahoe. I absolutely loved the Tahoe when it ran but I like the Stingray a lot more.