Bayliner Capri '88 Seats

mametron

Cadet
Where and now can I can replacement whole seats for the middle of my Bayliner Capri '88 model. The front and back are OK, it's just the middle seats (you can pull them out for a single long bench). I see replacement seats at Boatersworld and places like that, but it looks like you need to remove the whole assembly (seats and the rectangle base! :( Hope this isn't true). <br /><br />Any help? Thanks much! <br /><br />Mametron

quantumleap

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bayliner Capri '88 Seats

What's the question again? That first line is a little confusing. :confused:

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

I don't know your boat but the seats you describe are back-to-back and consist of the base, the bottom cushons and the back as one assembly. They are easy to replace. If you are replacing due to wood rot you do not have to buy new ones. Use the old wood as a pattern and replace with new wood.

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think if take measuements of all the important stuff and made sure the the metal bars that fit in the slot are positioned right on replcements you should be able to find what your for.Check out the price to have them made or repaired at an uphostery shop That may be the cheapest and best way to go.

mametron

Cadet

Sorry about the confusion. Basically, the back to back seats are completely worn out. I called an upholstery shop and they wanted like $300-$500 a seat to repair (new foam, vinyl and labor). WOW! Way too much! Boatersworld has seats kinda like mine, just not sure if anyone has used them to replace worn out seats in a Bayliner Capri. <br /><br />Thanks for the info!!! ;)