battery selection

i610288

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1974 115 h.p. mercury on my boat,I don't have a trolling motor on it,just gauges and lights.I just got a fish finder for it and want to install it.I'm going to autozone to buy a battery for it because I had to use it in my truck becuase it's battery went dead.Should I get a starting battery or a dual Purpose battery for both.I can get only one battery.Would the engine intefere with the finder with this hook up.

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: battery selection

Engines on boat I have been on have had no affect on the Depth finder. In your case I think you can get any type battery you want. Even a deep cycle battery will start your outboard with no problem. I would check wallmart or Cosco also.<br /><br />If you are worried about engine noise affecting your depth finder then make sure you do not run your power wires or transducer wire right along side your tach wire. Should you add a VHF Radio later then again do not run power wires in same bundle with Tach or Transducer.

18rabbit

Captain
Re: battery selection

i6 – I was just at Costco lastnight, checked the price of Kirkland batteries.<br />85 A/hr dual use $43 – size 24.<br />105 A/hr deep cycle $55 – size 27.<br />3-year warrenty