Bass Question

MarkAB

Seaman Apprentice
The river I fish is inhabited by Northern strain bass. What size does a Northen strain bass grow to? We seem to catch in the region of 4 lb which is deemed a good catch.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bass Question

well a 4lb Bass here in the northern states are considered a good catch also .. of course there are bigger but, a 4lb bass will get a smile and a few comments for sure.<br /><br />have a good one

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Climate has a lot to do with it, Geelboom.<br /><br />In our northern climes a 4lb. largemouth bass is a good catch and a 4lb smallmouth bass is a great catch.<br /><br />River bass tend to be smaller than big lake bass, too.<br /><br />In large southern lakes a 4lb largemouth is a decent catch, but not a trophy. Here in Texas and in Florida a bass is usually over 10lb to be considered a trophy.

STAGE3

Cadet

A 4lbs is a good catch hear. Are they large or small mouth?<br /><br />STAGE 3

MarkAB

Seaman Apprentice

9October200416kgw-redDeadringer.jpg
<br /><br />Here is a nice 3,5lb largemouth which I caught this week end on a Zoom 4" watermelon red dead ringer.<br /><br />I LOVE fishing!!

MarkAB

Seaman Apprentice

Well in winter (May - July) temps drop to about 32 degrees in the morning and reach around 57 in the afternoon. We do not get snow fall except in our high mountain ranges over this period. Summer (Oct - March)temps range from 57 in the morning to 82 in the afternoons.<br /><br />(temps in fahrenheit)