Bass Fishing

vthockey95

Recruit
well i have been fishing for about 6-7 yrs now and i am having fun but my 40 yr old dad is still baeating me does anyone have any tips :confused:
thanks vthockey95

Bass Tracker TX17

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bass Fishing

Look at what he does.......
Presentation
lure selection
line selection

Also one thing to remember, if he's in the front of the boat he has first chance to score.

your tips might be right in front of you :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Patience, VT.

My 43 year old son and 21 year old grandson have been outfishing me for years and I like it that way.

Guess I am a better teacher than fisherman :)

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class

In all honesty I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy the time you have to spend with your father.

gonefishie

Commander

Secretly damage his line so when he sets the hook the line break. :D

j_martin

Admiral

Back when I was club fishing, and usually rode on someone elses boat, I used a big closed faced reel. I could cast over the front man's shoulder to his spot about 10 feet before he could reach it.

One guy was keeping me off fish by moving fast with the trolling motor past some dense weed cover, throwing a plug. I could see he was getting pickups and he wasn't feeling it. I wanted to throw a worm but couldn't handle it at that speed. I tripped the rear anchor winch, durned near throwing him off the front of the boat, pitched to the target, and brought in a lunker before he got done chewing me out.

BTW, yer dad is waiting for you to ask him to teach you.

John

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Look at what he does.......
Presentation
lure selection
line selection

Also one thing to remember, if he's in the front of the boat he has first chance to score.

your tips might be right in front of you :)

Well stated :cool: