bass boat prices

johnntab

Seaman Apprentice
I am in the market for a new bass boat. In previous posts, I asked for opinions on several models and what I should be looking for. Now I think I have decided on a new 17' Nitro or Skeeter, either one with a 115 HP engine. These seem to fit my needs and budget best. My question is are the prices negotiable? The dealers say that the prices they quote are boat show specials, and that is the best price possible for those particular models. I wouldn't pay sticker price for a new car, but do I have to pay the advertised price for a new boat. Other dealers have given me similar prices. Thanks for the input?

quantumleap

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: bass boat prices

Unless it's a one-of-a-kind last years model, if they can sell it for that price at the boat show, they can sell it for that price out of their dealership. Anytime I buy a big ticket item (truck, car, bigscreen) I always tell them I have another one somewhere else that I'm thinking of buying but shopping around to see who can give me the best deal. You don't need to tell them who or where or how much. You'd be shocked at how quickly the price can come down if they think you've got money to spend and are thinking about walking out to buy from a competitor. Play hard.

LubeDude

Admiral

Find what you want, and get there best price, then give them a card with your offer and your phone # on it and turn and walk out. If you get past the door, there will probably be a message on your answering machine when you get home!

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer

As the fishing and boating seasons approach you can expect that more folks will be showing up at the dealers to buy boats. On a nice warm spring weekend, a person may be willing and able to pay the dealer a few more sheckles than you may be willing to part with. Therefore, your negotiating leverage may diminish as summer approaches. Current year showroom models tend to command a little higher price but if you enjoy haggling and are willing to wait a while, you may be able to have a dealer sell you a boat in production or which they have not taken delivery of yet. Under these circumstances, most of the dealers profit is on paper without making any initial investment in inventory.

LubeDude

Admiral

on the other hand, if they have a boat left over from last year they may want to get rid of it before the new ones come in! If you dont mind last years model! Also there is always the option of a used boat. Let someone else take the beating of the first year or sos depreciation!<br /><br />Hear is a beauty right there in KY. On Ebay right now!<br /><br /> Bass Boat

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

Curious short list. I would have thought the Nitro would be priced under Skeeter?<br /><br />Kelly Cook