Bass boat advice

HAG87

Recruit
Hey guys,
I've owned a pontoon boat and aluminum hull before but I'm talking to a guy about, from what I've gathered from talking to him, a 94 16 1/2ft hydra-sport LS175 with a 150 hp. Now after doing some research I believe they did start making the LS175 until 95 and their actually a little under 18ft. Is that correct? He also says 1owner and its been takin out less then 2 dozen times but been garage kept is there any draw backs to that? And my last question is the quality of that make and model of boat, any help would be greatly appreciated

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Bass boat advice

In a used boat it's all about condition. Hydra-Sport doesn't carry a huge "brand" following, but well cared for it should be a decent quality boat (can't speak to the layout and "fish-ability"). 18' sounds about right for a bass boat, and 175 would indicate (typically) a 17 1/2 foot manufacturer length.

Garage kept is good, under-used may or may not be a big deal. Again, it's about condition. If the floor, hull and transom are solid; and the motor runs like it's supposed to, then it may be a good buy for you.

Welcome aboard neighbor!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Only hydra sport I ever saw down here was back in the blue band days when Merc had the I6 150. I saw one top an oncoming wake at some fabulous speed, all I saw under the boat was air and the prop and away it went. Made a believer out of me.

Mark

HAG87

Recruit

Ya from what I've seen the top speed is around 60-65mph. I even seen a thread when the guy was complaining about it not being fast, plenty fast for me lol. Especially out here on old hickory lake, to much debris in the water most the time. Thanks for the advice guys ill keep you posted and let you know what happens