Baseball cards

rwise

Captain
I have a question about 1992 and 1993 cards> are there any of value? I ask because my daughters boy frind has a full set of 92 and a collecters set of 93 and rook set of 93 cards. All are in perfect shape. Has he got anything? Way to many to list.<br />Richard

crab bait

Captain
Re: Baseball cards

just pick'd-up my childhood hero's card at a flea market .. # 6 JOHNNY CALLISON.. he was the phillies mickey mantel at the time.. <br /><br />couldn't get a number six jersey for little league no way-no how.. all taken..<br /><br />my man johnny ,, could not only hit.. he had an absolute CANNON..!! from his position right field,, he could one-hop it to home from the wall.. an i wont even go into how fast he could round the bases.. <br /><br />but his claim to fame was he pinched hit in the 62 allstar game..<br /><br />bottom of the 9th.. 2 outs nat'l leage down by 2.. <br /><br />callison at the plate.. CRACK.. a 3 run homer over mickey mantels head... <br /><br />GOTTA LOVE IT... ( for 3 bucs )..

rwise

Captain

cool Crab bait! did that complete a collection, or just a card you wanted?<br /><br />Thanx gaugeguy, I'll pass that on to him. <br /><br />He was going to take the whole set and sell it (give it) to a local game shop! I'm telling him if he must sell them to put them on e-bay! Maybe he should just put them up.

crab bait

Captain

yeah,, i don't collect.. it was just one card.. but in my life of junk sales i scooped up on a few.. mainly ball players when i was a kid.... <br /><br />callison was my main man ,tho.. an when i saw him in the stack.. icould hardly 'act-a-poker face' long euff to barter down to 3 bucs.. <br /><br />i have a # 6 callison shirt retro that i wear to phillies games.. i havta carry a bat to beat away the people wantin' to buy it or reminiss.. <br /><br />always think about all the jim bunning's , mantels, yogi's, mays, whitey fords that i used in bicycle spokes ... <br /><br />always asked my parents even back=in-the-day..WHERE ARE MY OLD CARDS.. <br /><br />always got shrugs an a " i dunno'... <br /><br />i still think my old man sold 'em an bought the 'camper' with em........ :) ...where'd that poor sob get the money for that camper..?? anyway...???

rwise

Captain

If he is enjoying the camper, well, they were just leying around.

gaugeguy

Captain

I hear you crab. Too many cards went through my spokes to count :( <br /><br />I started collecting again in the late 70's early 80's and when I went into the service my brother sold that collection for a 1/4lb of grass :mad: <br /><br />So my dad found out and told me I could have his collection from the 40's and 50's to replace mine (Cha-Ching)!! So we went to my grandmothers to get them out of the attic...they were gone. One of my uncles got to them, probably to buy a QP just like my bro :mad: <br /><br />So now I am collecting with my boys, started in 1991. I wonder which one of them is gonna be the one to carry on the family tradition of screwing their brother :rolleyes:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

few years ago a story hit the local news about a boy maybe 12 or 13 saw a Nolan Ryan rookie card at a memorabilia shop in Dallas that was mis-priced at $12.50 instead of $1,250. Maybe a speck on the price tag or something. Anyway the owner wasn't there & the clerk let him have it for $12.50. When his parents found out they made him take it back. He was interviewed on the TV news - he had a pretty good attitude about it.

crab bait

Captain

hey ,, i cashed a 50 buc travelers check onetime in arizonia.. the teller handed me back 500...<br /><br />i called home a week later.. my pop told me the FBI was lookin' for me..