Baseball ? and Rant

Link

Rear Admiral
OK I'm really not watching the game just waiting for the the Da#$ thing to end so we can get on with regular programming AGAIN. Thats my rant :) <br /><br />Anyway here is the question. If its the New York Giants then why does it say NYM in front of their score??<br /><br />thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Baseball ? and Rant

Because it's the New York Mets, Link. :D

tylerin

Commander

And yes Link today the Mets played the San Fransisco Giants ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

New York Giants?<br /><br />When did this happen? :D <br /><br />Link, are you blonde? :p

Link

Rear Admiral

Well that clears things up a bit!<br />Thanks guys<br /><br />Man, glad I'm not a sports fan. This is all to confusing! And I still missed my show :( I need a pouty face!

tylerin

Commander

Link not to worry, at one time in New York there was the (EDIT) Giants. But they moved to San Fransisco. So you weren't far off

JB

AUGH!!<br /><br />It was the New York Giants, Tylerin! Mel Ott would turn over in his grave. :( <br /><br />The Brooklyn team was the Dodgers.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

That ain't so bad Link. <br />Tonight on the Packer broadcast, the announcer referred to the Packers, as the Badgers, TWICE.

tylerin

Commander

It was the New York Giants, Tylerin! Mel Ott would turn over in his grave. <br /><br />The Brooklyn team was the Dodgers
JB sorry, I knew that, what was I thinking :confused:

Link

Rear Admiral

Man you guys are making my day and I saw that post before the edit tylerin :) <br /><br />I didn't think this little detail was important when I made the post but now I see it is.<br /><br />Mrs.Link walked in yesterday as I was listening to talk radio (computer show) and flipped the TV on to watch her SciFi show and went off about sports messing everything up. <br /><br />I was agitating her by showing off my new skills knowing about sports. I knew that they only play nine rounds and that they were in the 10th so it was overtime... and told her that.. and also spouted off that the "V" arrow meant that they were at the Top or Bottom of the round and it was whoever had the points won.<br />I couldn't remember which it was so made it up Top/Bottom and that it would be over soon.<br /><br />This set her off again, telling me she had grounds for divorce since when we met 22 years ago I hated sports and now I'm a sports NUT!<br /><br />Link was pushing Mrs.Links buttons :D :D <br /><br />Yes Spinner I do have Blonde roots :) <br />But was confused about the NYM thing but now I'm straight on that.