Bank Robber Itemizes Cost of Gun

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bank Robber Itemizes Cost of Gun

No doubt the Western world has gone goofy. I fear we are not far behind. This is a small example of how the Good Book says it will be in the end.

NYMINUTE

Captain

1022.gif
<br /> Your Honor, The court must respectfully consider the immense costs my client absorbed to purchase his getaway car, fuel, oil, and battery. These costs should be deducted from the restitution ordered for the damages he alleged to have caused when he drove through Mr. Flatbottoms house trying to escape police pursuit.

spratt

Lieutenant

Well, I wanna know who is gonna reimburse this robber for teh exquisite suit of clothes he was wearing...after all, an image is an image, and a sucessful robber MUST be able to dress appropriately...now, yer honor, this suit cost me nearly $6000, so shurly ya gonna let me deeeduckt it??? I mean, I MIGHT even be bale to break even here...

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Remins me of the time French President Charles DeGaulle was asked to consider allowing the French to deduct the cost of movies tickets on their income tax, DeGaulle thought a minute and asked, "do we allow them to deduct the cost of con-dums?" The answer was NO. DeGaulle responded, "then why should we allow them to deduct their other extertainment expenses." :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

That's just the sort of attitude that makes Amsterdam such a great place to visit. I can tell you that in the U.S., expenses incurred operating an illegal business are not deductible, although the revenue is taxable.<br /><br />Read some of the other stories on that page: a judge in Florida had a defendant's mouth duct-taped because he wouldn't shut up.<br /><br />And my personal favorite, a Las Vegas law prohibiting lap-dances has been declared unconstitutional! America - what a country!

silenscurator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This all goes into the files of stupid laws.... for instance, in ontario, the highway traffic act states that: No person shall race or drive furiously any horse or animal on a highway. thats gotta be a holdover. or the whopping $5 fine for not having sleigh bells on your horsedrawn wagon....there are a few dandies from down in the states too, but for fear of getting them incorrect, i'll have to refrain from citing them.....but honestly, the one i heard and love best is the need for windshield wipers in texas on all vehicles...however windshields are opptional.