bank couldn't care less

grotmeister

Seaman Apprentice
I work in a school. Last week a laser printed company cheque for £48 was sent out to a supplier and somewhere along the line the envelope was intercepted. The person (we think in the post office) put lines through the payee and the amount and altered the payee to some phoney company and the amount to £96500 in badly scrawled handwriting. Guess what? you got it the bank paid it and the recipients account was credited promptly emptied the next day. The Bank reimbursed us but shrugged their shoulders and told us to contact the police if we wanted to!!!! I wonder who's footing the bill for that? Incredibly its the second time its happened to us, I've no idea how many times its happened to others. Time to sell my shares in LloysTSB i think

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: bank couldn't care less

It could very well be that a bank employee is the thief :eek: <br />you got your money back, its the bank's problem, it's up to them to notify Scotland yard.

grotmeister

Seaman Apprentice

supplier never got the cheque, was intercepted before that, but your right not our problem, just cant believe the bank dont wanna know

Twidget

Commander

They carry insurance for that sort of thing(at least over here).