Baltik vs. Saturn?

gobigkahuna

Seaman
Anyone seen both of these or know if there's any difference between the two? Price is about $100 different for what looks to be (from the photos at least) identical boats. I'm thinking about getting a 12 footer with a 9.9 or 15 HP to use here on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

Thanks!

Neverhome

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Baltik vs. Saturn?

I am not familiar with the Saturn but do have a 11' Baltik. Great dingy, well constructed and durable. This was my first season with it and it appears just as well built as the Zodiacs or West Marine versions. I bought it news on E Bay for $700.00. I have the air floor which is great for portabliity and weight but it does not plane as well as a hard floor will.

I have no reservations about recommending the Baltik to you.

Neverhome

gobigkahuna

Seaman

Thanks NeverHome, that's the general feedback I've read from folks who have both boats, which makes me wonder if they are the same boat with different labels. If so, I can save $100 by ordering the Saturn.

Neverhome

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I know they are made under several different names but I cannot tell you what they are.

Neverhome

MNStcroix

Recruit

I use to have a Saturn and a friend of mine has had a Baltik for 3 years with no problems. They look like an identical boat other than the decals and I bet they are made by the same company.

Neverhome

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I can't argue with the rating from the BBB as it is a composite of complaints.
All I can say is I was treated well in my dealings. There is a company in Portsmouth NH called Costal Enterprises. Looking at their ads I suspect they have the same boat as the Baltik under a different name. I don't have their contact info but I am sure you can Google it.

Neverhome