Balsam Lake Provincial Park, Ontario Canada

Has anyone ever docked their boat at the Balsam Lake Provincial Park docks? I am planning a trip with friends who have campers and we thought this park might accommodate everyone. The docks look really nice but its hard to figure out if they would accommodate a 30 foot cruiser. Also, are there recommended spots to anchor? I guess worse case scenario, one could always tie up at the locks.

Thanks

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Using-----google -----I can see that the docks are suitable for perhaps a couple of 30 footers.----They appear to be for 16' fishing boats.-----The park website does have a phone # but I do not know if anyone is in an office there today.-----Anchoring / rafting off has been known to be a substitute.-------Myself I have preferred to be at anchor as there is no money to pay to anyone.

Thanks, I agree with everything you said. I will be driving a fair bit and just wanted to see if I could confirm anything before I go. I will call the park closer to camping season as well. I am a rookie so I'm not even sure how much chop a lake like this would have. I was hoping as the park is in the north channel and it looks fairly protected from 3 directions, that I would just anchor off the park beach.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
With the proper anchor I do not see a problem there.-----I do not know what the bottom is like there.

jebby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
not sure if you ever found your information but here goes nothing.

beena bout 10 years since ive been. docks are nice. a 30 footer would fit if you get the full slip. they are first come first serve and a lot get more than one boat in them. the approach is shallow and sandy. id recommend putting the drive in the trailer position and walking the boat in or using a trolling motor. if you do approach, trim up as best you can and be mindful. the sand should be forgiving but the probability of a rock or log being hidden in it is good. expect a lot of fishing boats to come and go, the launch is NOT at all quiet and wont have any facilities. Have fun.