Bald Eagles

one more cast

Captain
My neighbor stopped by this morning and told me there were 3 Bald Eagles out back so I finished up my breakfast, grabbed the camera and headed out back. This is not a common sight here so I was excited. The fog was starting to roll in but I did manage to get a few bad photos, This is as close as I could get to them.
eagle.jpg

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Bald Eagles

Before Hurricane Ivan I knew where one lived. They are very rare here. I would see him fishing when I was out fishing. Magnificent birds!

gaugeguy

Captain

That is still pretty cool OMC.<br /><br />There is a nesting pair on one of the lakes I ice fish here. We leave small yellow perch on the ice for them. They look like airplanes coming in, they are just huge birds. The crows put up a racket when the eagles are around as well, never knew crows didn't like eagles.

one more cast

Captain

It started snowing shortly after the picture was taken and it just cleared up and is very bright out now so I am going to see if I can find them again and get some better pictures.

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I wish Poachers could see post's like this, In the news here, last week 12 Bald Eagles were found, shot they took the talons and something else, I cant remember what, then they left the carcasses a lady found them while walking her dog.<br />Surte there plentifull up here, but there not legal to hunt.......makes me so mad

Laddies

Banned

Here in Northern Michigan on our waterway we are lucky and have 5 or 6 nesting couples of bald eagles in our area---Bob

one more cast

Captain

Well, when I popped around a tree out back there was one sitting in a pine tree about 50 yards away (the above picture was at about 100 yards) and by the time I got my camera turned on and set he took off, I couldn't get him in focus in time(should of had it on manual focus.) Hopefully they will stick around for a few days.<br /> EDIT: Do you think these could be the same Eagles? http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=004222#000000

gonfishn

Commander

At the Homestead in Minnesota we had three nests on our property last year..This Channel I hit every morning in my pursuit of the warrior..<br /><br />He would be waiting for me in this same place..I think he was checking me out either to get some tips or showing off how quick he could get there ahead of me.<br /><br />They are a magnificent bird to see in flight at close range..<br /><br />
baldeagle.jpg

one more cast

Captain

They are just an awsome bird.... guess I'd better leave the cats inside for awhile.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

birds of prey are awesome to watch, especially<br />when they r fishing! ;) <br />2 summers ago, MY and my 12yo daughter was gettin'<br />skunked one summer day while we watched an osprey<br />catch 2 really nice/big fish!<br /><br />if u could tame one, u would never need a pole again! LOL

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

We get Bald eagls by the hundreds here at Milford lake Kansas they follow the ducks down from up north ( ceneral flyway ) and stay all winter. Eagls eat prety good here they just cant play football!

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

resize2.jpg
<br />This was taken off our deck,he stops by just about every morning.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

2 yrs ago I had teh pleasure to have a bald eagle fly about 15' over my head and land on the roof of a building I was walking past...I would hate to think he thought I was a meal, but it was awesome to see up close...<br />That job was right on the shore line of Lake Erie in southern MI.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We see a lot of Herons and Turkey Vultures around here. The other day I saw a Great-Horned (I think) owl which I've only seen once before, and rarely a Bald Eagle. It sure is something when you do see them though.

gonfishn

Commander

To think that at one time these beautiful birds of prey were extinct at one time...Thanks to alot of effort on our side of the human race these winged friends aren't on the endangered list anymore..

SoulWinner

Commander

Booner, I was stationed at Ft. Riley and fished Milford several times.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I live about an hour from a section of the Wisconsin River where they gather each winter. The area below the dam is always open and the area teams with a few dozen of them in any given year. Until I learned that, I thought they were rather solitary birds. I try to get there every year with the kids. But it had better be next weekend. They'll start migrating back to their usual nesting areas up north in just a very few weeks.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Oh, guys. These birds are so awesome! I just love it when you can get close to nature and see it up close. Its also refreshing to hear you men appreciate such beauty. I'm married to such a man. You type of men are so precious. <br />Bassy