Bad news... no boating this weekend I guess

KRS

Banned
(see my post in mercruiser engine topics)<br /><br />I can't believe how excited my family and I were to be going boating/fishing this weekend... and then THAT happens! Waited 2 weeks for the part and it's built wrong (I think?).<br /><br />Anyone else feel like their heart has been squashed when that happens?<br /><br />Sheesh.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bad news... no boating this weekend I guess

That really has some vacumm to it for sure.<br />Sorry to hear about the mis-cue.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Hi azfyrfyter. I just tried to go out to Lake Bartlett yesterday and there was so much driftwood on the lake from the storms you couldn't go any faster that idle or you would tear you motor off the boat. Not only that, but the lake was solid brown. It's going to be a while til people can go out on that lake. Sorry to hear about your engine problems.

KRS

Banned

Thanks for the notes. Aren't Barlett and horseshoe really dirty all the time?<br /><br />I was thinking of Pleasant but it's gonna be full of wood too.<br /><br />So maybe Saguaro, it's in that chain of lakes and might not have the wood. Anyone been there to see?<br /><br />Hope I can get this fuel pump figured out.

NathanY

Commander

Well you can use my boat, because my sorry a$$ boss has me working for the next 4 or 5 Saturdays.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Bartlett is usually a beautiful blue lake just not right now. I bet you're right about Saguaro though.

JRJ

Commander

As a side question, has the rain raised Powell any? Thanks, and hope you're on the water soon azfyrfyter63 :(

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> I did answer your engine post. its a problem I have had with merc 2.5s before

brother chris

Commander

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Az.<br />I just posted a couple days ago about someone stealing my license plate off of my boat trailer. It delayed my first boating adventure of this year. <br />Maybe I'll go buy a new plate this week and go out on Sat weather permitting. It's still a bit chilly here in the mornings. <br />Good luck with your motor.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Guess that means no striper pics this weekend?<br /><br />To answer your question, yes, makes me feel like a kid whose dad got tickets to the World Series but then I got the chicken pox two days before and now I can't go. :( <br /><br />But you can still tinker with the boat - that's a little bit of consolation, right?

salty87

Commander

yup, a buddy parks his boat at my place. came out to put a nice shiny new prop on sunday afternoon, weather was awesome. we spent over an hour trying to get the old one off and bent the prop puller in the process, hammer finally popped it lose.<br /><br />new prop?...he needed a right hander but was sent the leftie....ugh, put the old prop back on and caught what little daylight was left. at least we got out!

KRS

Banned

Great stories.<br /><br />Yes I can work on the boat... but that costs money :(