Bad Luck or a Hex

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
My luck since the weekend before Memorial Day just has fallen apart. It started out by taking my boat to its seasonal slip at a near by lake. With all the storms from Friday night, we found out that when we arrived at the lake Saturday about 1pm that the ramps and docks were closed because of high water. :( <br /><br />So we went to the picnic area and grilled some brats. I finally took a break and sat down on the picnic table. I looked down and immediately spotted a 4 Leaf Clover. :D I thought this was to bring good luck. So thinking this we decided to stay on the boat while it was on the trailer. Thinking the water came up so quick that it should go down quick. Should be able to launch in the morning. Wrong! :mad: Water rose another 3' :eek: Finally Thursday evening got to launch and dock it. At this point I started thinking Gonfishin must have put a hex on me for not making it to the Ohio Roundo. Yes Gonfishin, I should have gone! Since then I have prevented being in two bad accidents that happened within minuets of each other, just cleared an intersection when the cable that holds the lights broke, just about all my parts orders have been wrong, my son-in-law scrapped out the wrong car in my back yard (there went my 454BB) :mad: , and went to the lake yesterday and can't get to the docks because its flooded again. :mad: <br /><br />I did help out fellow a boater over the weekend that just put his boat in for the second time. It had a gas leak on the carb. He checked with all the local marinas and told him they wouldn't be able to get it until tuesday. I had to go home saturday to mow my yard, so I checked in my garage and low and behold I had two solex carbs with the diaphrams that he needed. So he was glad to get his boat back in the water. His wife brought me a case of beer and said it was worth it just to quit hearing him cry about his boat being broke. :p <br /><br />Well enough said, that was my last weeks worth of strange events. Good to be back at the forum. :D

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Bad Luck or a Hex

Hang in there SS the luck will be good.<br />I will pitch some chicken bones in the corner of the yard and say a chant so jeff's hex will be gone. :D :D :rolleyes:

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Dang SS...I had problems with my boat too...I would have given you 2 cases plus a good ole Texas Steak to fix mine....I sat and cried all weekend over it.<br /><br /><br />turned out to be a bad (just purchased) spark plug!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by bubbakat:<br /> Hang in there SS the luck will be good.<br />I will pitch some chicken bones in the corner of the yard and say a chant so jeff's hex will be gone. :D :D :rolleyes:
If that don't help, let me know, I have friends in high places. ;)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I just hope my luck and life changes in 77 more days. That is when Carl turns 18. Sheriff has been called to the house twice this week also. I'm hanging in there and doing my best to grin through the situation. I'm sorta like a duck in the water, I look calm on the top, but paddling like heck under the water to keep up. :D

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class

I dont know about you SS but a free case of beer is about as lucky as one man can get.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Seems most of the local lakes got high water SS. Senecaville, Salt Fork. Guys comin' into the shop say they couldn't launch either. Smaller lakes faired better. Guys been fishin' them regular. <br /><br />Hang in there buddy....between the free beer and Bubba's chicken bones....it'll be alright.<br /><br />Hey Bubba....gotta chant for worsher machines and frigerators?

tylerin

Commander

Go visit a hospital SS, you'll soon realize how lucky you are.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Tylerin, I was at the hospital Monday night as a matter of fact. Carl was surpose to be at his bio moms house for the weekend, but didn't go. He went to a friends house to help him do some work around the house. He was pulling an old clothes line pole out of the ground with a tractor. The pole snapped off the concrete base and the pole flew up and smacked him in the back. Nothing broke, just a bruised back and ego.<br /><br />Yesterday went pretty good. Those chicken bones must have done the trick. Now I need a hex for catching fish! :D <br /><br />You guys are right, my luck could be worse, but I still feel that there is a force that is out to get me. Must be those aliens messing with me.<br /><br />The main thing is that my boat didn't sink, everything is working and it is running excellent. Second thing is I'm still 22 years accident free. Just glad I drive defensively 100% of the time. The road rage tends to get to me when people do stupid crap to scare the crap out of me. Maybe thats a good thing to keep me more alert.<br /><br />Well got to go to work, hope things go fine again. (Knock on wood) :D

gonfishn

Commander

Hmmmmm. This may be a coincidence SS..But this was reported to be found in your area about the sametime you made fun of the Gator Duck I added to my Musky collection..<br />
fishcircle_2.jpg
<br /><br />Then you futher insulted her by not coming to saltfork and that is when you were paid a visit from the Gator in the sky..<br /><br />Since we communicate on a regular basis I have asked that this hex be removed.. To remove you must repeat three times that you are sorry about makn fun of gonfishns musky duck on this forum..<br />A lure sacrifice must be made in her honor at your favorite(that is if your boat is still running)lake..<br /><br />Sorry this is the best I can do ole friend..I knew you were in trouble when the circle was found in your area..Other Musky addicts may be able to help..Al least you have not eaten the warrior or Have you?<br /><br /> <br /><br /> :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Oogawooogabgaboo, may this curse be gone from you.

suzuki115

Seaman

Not only is it bad to call children "brats", it's even worse to grill them! Maybe that's what started the string of bad luck???

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Boy wait'll SBN sees' that pic.....he'll tell ya'. The little guys are real. <br /><br />Hey neumanns....that chant....it work on worshmachines and home appliances????

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class

all this talk of chicken, fish and beer.......all I need is to get some taters and we are all set......SS, it is not really a serious problem that aliens are messing with ya...They often come down and just observe from a distance....Now every now and then they come in for a closer look and maybe take ya for a ride but that is all normal. SS, you need to worry when they start talking about "probing" you for info or saying stuff like "this is routine in your galaxy. Everyone is doing it.". We all know that it is proper to at least go to The Venus Cafe for dinner before that step is reached. Right guys? Nannoo Nannoo! :p

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Huh? Friday went okay except those pesky clouds shaped like Musky's. Stayed on the boat last night and I think it was a dream. This big spaceship looking thing had the odor of a rotten fish was over the boat. Then a big net come down from the belly of it and scooped us up. Inside I saw these beings that looked like the fish Gonfishn would catch. I must say they didn't look to swift wearing those pink too-toos. They made us sit down and started asking us questions about a special yellow rubber duck. Like "Who owns this Yellow Duckie? What is its sole purpose? What do you have against our earth born species? Why is that yellow duck protected by stink bait in southern Ohio? Can you call your EPA to have the stink bait removed? Only then we will be allowed to enter that space so we can investigate the yellow duck. What are our chances of destroying the yellow duck?<br /><br />Gonfishn, I didn't tell em a dang thing! But I think they are on to your stink bait repellant! :D Ahhh, I think I'll spend my nights in caves from now on.....WOOOOOOOO WOOOOO WOOOOOO<br /><br />Thanks for removing the HEX! Fishing was excellent last night and this morning.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Be afraid, be very afraid, my little buddies comes in all shapes and sizes, even fish, and who knows what else in them caves. :p <br />WOOOOO,WOOOOO,WOOOOO :D