Back, with a vengance....

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Some of you may know that about three years ago I went through a very difficult time with a divorce, causing a job demotion, loss of house, dog, truck, friends, company car, and a deep depression.<br /><br />Well I since then, I got a new dog, friends, traded my 17ft larson for a 25ft Cruiser, and got a new-used truck. I am getting married to a wonderful and beautiful woman in two weeks, and yesterday afternoon I was contacted that I will be promoted to the same position I was in prior to the divorce with all the responsibilities and perks that come with it. (Relocation required)<br /><br />The past three years have been quite a ride, and a learning experience into who I am and what I am made of. God has smiled on me and made me a better person for the experience. Well it is time to go out and celebrate my good fortune with a three day trip on the boat. Thanks to the I-boats family for being part of my personal growth.

tylerin

Commander
Re: Back, with a vengance....

Pointer My story is identical and I honestly feel I'm a better man for it. 14 years now with Mrs. Right(and I'm only 42) Congrats on your situation and Good luck with your new wife. ................I have to ask...She took the dog :mad:

LadyFish

Admiral

Pointer, I am so happy for you. Change is not always a bad thing. Your living proof that when your dealt lemons, you CAN make lemonade. :) <br /><br />Have a really great weekend and congratulations!!!

SoulWinner

Commander

You are a role model Doug....for me! Bless you bro.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Good for you and congratulations. You obviously didn't just give up and that speaks well for your character. God will eventually help out, but He expects us to be humpin' it while we wait on Him.