FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I got the overheat alarm. This started happening after I had beached my boat a few times. Should I try to backflush the motor? If so, how is this done? Is it easier to replace the impeller? Should I do both? Any advice appreciated.
Backflush and replace impeller, and waterpump housing if it looks worn. Back flush with garden hose in the thermostat opening, after you remove the lower unit.